AFC Sudbury

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:It's just as well it's not Marks Tey we've been drawn against.
Why?
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:Admission price: £7
Correction: the money-grabbing so-and-sos have hiked prices to an eye-watering £9 for this game!
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:Admission price: £7
Correction: the money-grabbing so-and-sos have hiked prices to an eye-watering £9 for this game!
Given that football tickets are subject to VAT, can we expect a small reduction now that VAT has been reduced? (he said, asking a silly question).

//

As for me, the annual Christmas shopping duty means I say to the wife “Fine, we’ll be in Oxford for when the shops open and we’ll shop until you’ve either had enough or they close, but before or after that don’t bother me with this crap.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Given that football tickets are subject to VAT, can we expect a small reduction now that VAT has been reduced? (he said, asking a silly question).
A cynic would say that few members of the shopping public will receive very much in the way of a financial benefit from the reduction in VAT. The retailers will be loathe to change catalogues, menus, price lists, websites etc. etc. especially when the pricing of everything has to end in .99 these days. The only people who will benefit are the retailers who will charge the same but pay less VAT to the govt.
&quotSnake&quot wrote:As for me, the annual Christmas shopping duty means I say to the wife “Fine, we’ll be in Oxford for when the shops open and we’ll shop until you’ve either had enough or they close, but before or after that don’t bother me with this crap.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

My Xmas shopping list consists of:

(a) something for fiancée (can't really get out of this)
(b) something for cat.

No cards.

Fantastic. Saves enormous amounts of time, money and hypocrisy.
entirely disenchanted
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Ah, perhaps your could help me out Pena, as I’m really stuck for something to get my cats. They just seem to have everything they need and my wife won’t allow me to buy a cage full of white mice from the pet shop.

Any suggestions?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I've bought up my cats to be atheists - no chrimbo pressies for them!
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

One of my cats (sadly no longer with us) would ignore any toy that was shop bought but would spend hours chasing a hazelnut around the house. Quite disturbing when she would find one in the middle of the night.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotboris&quot wrote:I've bought up my cats to be atheists - no chrimbo pressies for them!
Bah humbug!
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

I didn't know cats liked humbugs! :roll:
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:One of my cats (sadly no longer with us) would ignore any toy that was shop bought but would spend hours chasing a hazelnut around the house. Quite disturbing when she would find one in the middle of the night.
I know what you mean about shop bought playthings.

Yesterday morning I came down for breakfast to find one of mine throwing a dead mole around the conservatory.

Nice..
chuckbert
Toddler

Re:

Post by chuckbert »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote: smart key?
You're too hung up on correct spelling. The hidden message in &quotMarks Tey&quot is
&quotKT's a Mery&quot. Just check the ankles ...

(not to mention 'FA Buys Crud')
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:
&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:One train an hour AND you have to change at &quotMarks Tey&quot.
you can always spot anagram clues from the signifier, but they always sound odd too - and clearly that can't be a direction to reach a football game.

smart key?
Well if &quotchange&quot is the signifier, then the anagram would presumably be of &quotat marks tey&quot.

Try ask team?
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Try ska mate!