Tottenham to bid for Fower

Anything yellow and blue
tony clarke
Sperm

Tottenham to bid for Fower

Post by tony clarke »

I have heard rumours that Premier league sides such as Tottenham, West Ham and even Big Guns Manchester united are keeping a very close eye on youth team player Chris Fower. I like to go down and watch the youth team when they play at home at Iffley road to see what is coming threw the ranks and i can say that this fower kid is something else. Great awareness a superb first touch and an eye for goal. I honestly dont see how oxford will be able to keep hold of hm. Supposedly Tottenham are on the verge of bidding 800K for the youngster. This is what im told. Does anyone else have any info on this subject as im keen to see what happens.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

If we get £800k for a kid who's only made a handful of youth team appearances, that would have to rate as very good business indeed for a struggling Conference club. Bring it on!

However, I'm extremely sceptical of anyone who registers on an internet forum just to post unsubstantiated rumours on one particular subject, and has no interest in joining any other debates or discussions.

Just thought I'd mention it.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Seems like an excellent all round deal to me as we'll get the best part of a million quid and the kid gets to play for Spurs. Sorted, eh?

/

Why are all these TiU customers coming over here recently? Don’t they have enough people to read their untrue rumours on that site?
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Even if the rumours are true, past experience suggests we will not suddenly get 800k. Rather, we would most likely get a small portion up front, the further increments depending on his progress - the final payments presumably dependent on 'if he goes on to play for England' or the like. Don't expect too much too soon. Still, if the rumours are indeed true, even a small portion of that much money would be a welcome boost.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I was at Grays on saturday and giving this club £800k at the moment would be as useful as giving the KLF £1m to burn in a video stunt.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

From what I can establish from reports etc, Fower is not doing a bad job in what is now a very young youth team, but EVEN if there is any truth in the presence of scouts from these clubs, I would imagine we would not get even 1/10th of the suggested amount.
Trying to remember what we got from Soton for Blackstock, and the number £75k comes to mind but I'm not certain. Most likely would go to a tribunal anyway.

BTW Tony - are you any relation to either James or Matthew?
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:I was at Grays on saturday and giving this club £800k at the moment would be as useful as giving the KLF £1m to burn in a video stunt.
That may not be quite so obvious a point as you may be trying to make.
entirely disenchanted
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:
&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:I was at Grays on saturday and giving this club £800k at the moment would be as useful as giving the KLF £1m to burn in a video stunt.
That may not be quite so obvious a point as you may be trying to make.
Watch this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kxGo8Hw5K-M

Then watch this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cUL2MPor_YE

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

Nine minutes and thirty seconds? I'd rathr watch a nil-nil draw in its entirety than listen to a couple of pop stars talk about themselves for that length or time.
entirely disenchanted
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:Nine minutes and thirty seconds? I'd rathr watch a nil-nil draw in its entirety than listen to a couple of pop stars talk about themselves for that length or time.
I'd rather watch Spinal Tap in its entirety again, than those two for nine and half seconds!
OUFC_Gav
Toddler

Re:

Post by OUFC_Gav »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:From what I can establish from reports etc, Fower is not doing a bad job in what is now a very young youth team, but EVEN if there is any truth in the presence of scouts from these clubs, I would imagine we would not get even 1/10th of the suggested amount.
Trying to remember what we got from Soton for Blackstock, and the number £75k comes to mind but I'm not certain. Most likely would go to a tribunal anyway.

BTW Tony - are you any relation to either James or Matthew?
The Blackstock deal netted us over half a million after all the various conditional terms were met.