Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

More competition for OxVox

Post by GodalmingYellow »

SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Good grief - I know I have the artistic ability of a puddle of gravy, but at least I have the sense not to inflict it upon the world.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

This would liven up oxvox meetings...
The champagne was flowing last night in a celebration of the launch of oxvox.co.uk. Societies editor, Lucy Porter commented, ‘we’ll definitely be having more oxvox parties’, so look out for the next Journalism Society night. The fancy dress theme ‘dress as a famous headline’ produced some interesting costumes including Amy Whinehouse, Pete Doherty, Lunar Wo/man and the Olympic torch.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotslappy&quot wrote:This would liven up oxvox meetings...
The champagne was flowing last night in a celebration of the launch of oxvox.co.uk. Societies editor, Lucy Porter commented, ‘we’ll definitely be having more oxvox parties’, so look out for the next Journalism Society night. The fancy dress theme ‘dress as a famous headline’ produced some interesting costumes including Amy Whinehouse, Pete Doherty, Lunar Wo/man and the Olympic torch.
Which would Trevor look best as - Amy or Pete? I can just see him witha massive beehive... :lol:
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Amy whinehouse (sic) !

I think Oxford United's Supporters Trust should change it's name
to something else.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Amy whinehouse (sic) !

to something else.
Or perhaps they should have registered OxVox as a trademark.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Amy whinehouse (sic) !

to something else.
Or perhaps they should have registered OxVox as a trademark.
I have a feeling that there is also Stephen Fry's group of public speakers who operate under the same name.

Feeling a little playfully mischievous, what other names could forumites come up with for the OUFC supporters trust?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

And they have an embryonic sport section, and are asking for contributions.

Maybe OxVox ought to contribute to it, or would that cause a bit of confusion?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Just goes to show how much attention Brookes students really show to the local football club and its supporters!
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

Well of course they may have shown a little more when it was about three hundred yards up the road. Though I admit that during the year and a half I worked there, I don't recall seeing any OUFC honours being worn by anybody who I didn't know personally as a member of staff.
entirely disenchanted
YellowHoods
Brat

Post by YellowHoods »

It's not really competition though. Our OxVox is a fans' trust, this one is a University in-house publication. I do wish people would do their research properly.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotYellowHoods&quot wrote:It's not really competition though. Our OxVox is a fans' trust, this one is a University in-house publication. I do wish people would do their research properly.
Not competition but it is potentially confusing. I'd suggest an agreement where each site has a link to the other on their home page.

In the battle of the search engines &quotour&quot OxVox is the first listing in both Google and Yahoo with the other one second or third. On MSN the Brookes version doesn't figure at all.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotYellowHoods&quot wrote:It's not really competition though. Our OxVox is a fans' trust, this one is a University in-house publication. I do wish people would do their research properly.
Oh dear.

Do you really think I wouldn't know the difference? Do you really think the headline was intended to be that direct?

I do wish people would think before they type. This isn't TiU where half the populous don't have the capability to think beyond the depths of what is visible on the surface.
YellowHoods
Brat

Re:

Post by YellowHoods »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
Oh dear.

Do you really think I wouldn't know the difference? Do you really think the headline was intended to be that direct?

I do wish people would think before they type. This isn't TiU where half the populous don't have the capability to think beyond the depths of what is visible on the surface.
Oh dear.

Your sense of humour has let you down a bit there Terry. Let me explain. Of course the sites are not competing. Of course my post was an ironic reference to this fact. Which makes your comment about TiU particularly ironic. Which is sort of ironic.

You're not alone though. Mally didn't spot it either.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
Not competition but it is potentially confusing. I'd suggest an agreement where each site has a link to the other on their home page.

In the battle of the search engines &quotour&quot OxVox is the first listing in both Google and Yahoo with the other one second or third. On MSN the Brookes version doesn't figure at all.
It is now, but OxVox has been going for 7 years so things may change..

Here is an article which explains how page ranking works in Google.