I need to watch the game in a pub. Plz help.

Anything yellow and blue
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

I need to watch the game in a pub. Plz help.

Post by tomoufc »

I know my local in Botley shows Oxford games if you ask but I feel a bit bad making the whole pub have to listen and watch the game (all Man U fans probably). Is there any pub in Oxford that can guarentee a good crowd for the setanta showings or am I barking up the wrong tree? I know theres not many of us these days but I dont want to sit there on my own like a yellow shirted tit.

Please help!
YellowHoods
Brat

Re: I need to watch the game in a pub. Plz help.

Post by YellowHoods »

&quottomoufc&quot wrote:I know my local in Botley shows Oxford games if you ask but I feel a bit bad making the whole pub have to listen and watch the game (all Man U fans probably). Is there any pub in Oxford that can guarentee a good crowd for the setanta showings or am I barking up the wrong tree? I know theres not many of us these days but I dont want to sit there on my own like a yellow shirted tit.

Please help!
Tom - I don't live in Oxford so can't help, but try on TiU (join if not already a member)

http://www.oxfordshireforums.co.uk/active.asp

You will get plenty of responses!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re: I need to watch the game in a pub. Plz help.

Post by Baboo »

&quottomoufc&quot wrote:I know my local in Botley shows Oxford games if you ask but I feel a bit bad making the whole pub have to listen and watch the game (all Man U fans probably).Please help!
No no no no. Why the blinking flip should YOU feel bad in YOUR local wanting to watch YOUR LOCAL football team. Make the Man U / Chelsea / Arsenal / Liverpool / Spurs fans watch - explain to them what real football is &amp that it (should mean) means something to the LOCAL community.

There, no help whatsoever - sorry. I have Setanta.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Tom, I lve on Binsey Lane and usually watch the match in the Kite on Mill St by the station...(when I'm not at the match) it is a good local 'proper'pub and you will find about a dozen other Yellows to comiserate with!

Mighty Yellows!
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Tom - I'll also be in The Kite.

Finders fee of a pint of Carling please!
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote:Tom - I'll also be in The Kite.

Finders fee of a pint of Carling please!

He means two.! :wink:
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

I always liked the Kite, though obviously not for the Carling.
entirely disenchanted
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

If you take a wrong turn in search of this pub and end up in Nottingham, The people in The Southbank on the, er, South Bank of the Trent, next to the, um, Trent End of the City Ground are always happy to put Setanta games on for me (and one other similarly dislocated Yellow who is also always there).
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

While we're on the subject, the landlord of the Chester Arms in East Oxford is a United fan who shows Setanta games, and they do a nice point of Deuchars IPA
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

the masons arms in headington quarry also has a united-supporting landlord, is a free house which keeps an interesting range of beers, and if you're lucky you might even get to try some of the output of their own 'old bog brewery' beer.

there's usually a few yellow shirts in there.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Both the Red Lion and Black Horse in Kidlington show Setanta Oxford games...
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:I always liked the Kite, though obviously not for the Carling.
I believe that they also sell the brown beer........ which is made from mud and human hair...
scooter
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by scooter »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:I always liked the Kite, though obviously not for the Carling.
Used to be a really good pub when Brian and Maureen had it about 10 years ago.

Excellent pool table, decent beer, good aunt sally team and they used to put up the regulars only notice on matchdays.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

Presumably that'd be because it was close to the station?

Yes, it'd be more than ten years since I went, but I have fond memories. I think it did the Mild, too, or am I imagining it?
entirely disenchanted
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

The Faltering Fullback in London, N4 or The Baring, on Baring St N1 will both show it on request