Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Can we get him watching every week!
x586
Brat

Pena

Post by x586 »

This is the second time to my knowledge that Pena has watched a game with nine goals - back in 2004 we went to Field Mill and watched Bristol City beat Mansfield 5-4 following the postponement of Oxford's game at Peterborough. Mansfield were 4-2 up with eight minutes to play....

Thinking about this idly, the highest scoring game I've watched was the 9-1 FAC tie against Dorchester - has anyone on here watched a game with more than ten goals scored, discounting penalties (as in deciding penalty kicks aet)?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I believe a few avoided the away fan ban at Luton for the 4-7 a while back.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

I have now seen 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11 and 12 goals in a match.

How I curse missing Oxford 5 - Portsmouth 5, and Oxford 9 Dorchester 1. I cant think of any others with 10 goals...

(The 12 was Hull City 8, Whitby 4, with Duane Darby scoring 6. That was in a FA Cup replay, after the first tie finished goalless.)
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I was at Bristol City 9 St Albans 2 in the FA Cup in 1996. Dan seems to be winning this competition though.

I also played in the Raging Fever game that finished in a 19-3 win at Burton last season, if that counts. Thought not.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

off topic (or maybe back on it to some degree), given that POU will no doubt read this thread at some point, perhaps he might be kind enough to advise me on a spanish equivalent of the OS landranger maps (1:50,000 or thereabouts) that might be suitable for a cycling trip in the picos de europa.

thanks!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotHog&quot wrote:I believe a few avoided the away fan ban at Luton for the 4-7 a while back.
I was one of the avoiders. And the result should be voided. Bloody plastic.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:off topic (or maybe back on it to some degree), given that POU will no doubt read this thread at some point, perhaps he might be kind enough to advise me on a spanish equivalent of the OS landranger maps (1:50,000 or thereabouts) that might be suitable for a cycling trip in the picos de europa.

thanks!
There's not really a Spanish equivalent of the OS, but I'll ask around.

Is Dan's camera working yet?

Why are the Xmas decorations still up at the Catherine Wheel?

Why is Nick Merry on the sponsorship list and what precisely does his kit consist of?
entirely disenchanted
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:Why is Nick Merry on the sponsorship list and what precisely does his kit consist of?
Not socks obviously.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Maybe it is sock sponsorship but no-one has been found to stump up the money yet.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Also, why have precisely the same group of cretins been allowed to behave in precisely the same cretinous manner at every Oxford game I've been to for about the last five years?
entirely disenchanted
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

And...is the seventeenth minute the earliest we've ever thrown away a two-goal lead?
entirely disenchanted
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:Also, why have precisely the same group of cretins been allowed to behave in precisely the same cretinous manner at every Oxford game I've been to for about the last five years?
Thats a bit unfair a lot of the players are new this season. :lol:

More seriously, what specific behaviour are you referring to?

BTW- Cretin is a medical term related to hormone inbalance in the thyroid gland and probably best reserved for people who suffer from the medical condition.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMally&quot wrote:[
More seriously, what specific behaviour are you referring to?
Surely it must be those knobheads who thought it hilarious to keep throwing the ball into the crowd instead of back on to the pitch so that we could see the football we'd paid to see.