An important question

Anything yellow and blue
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

An important question

Post by Swissbloke »

Checking out the latest squad picture, I would like to know why our chairman is wearing 3/4 length short suit trousers?

http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/News/0,,1034 ... 19,00.html

Also is that bare flesh or &quotsockings&quot?
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

He needs to be told. It's wrong and embarrassing.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

a sartorially-questionable appearance from mr. lenegan sr. on p. 22 of the oxford times today as well, but nice to see he's in the area.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

It looks to me as though he has cellulitis in his right leg.

If so I can well understand why he wouldn't want to wear socks. It is a very painful condiiton, where the elastication of the sock would be unbearable.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

When, as a kid, I used to detach team photos from magazines and stick them on my wall, I don't recall seeing any chairmen in the middle of the front row.
entirely disenchanted
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:It looks to me as though he has cellulitis in his right leg.

If so I can well understand why he wouldn't want to wear socks. It is a very painful condiiton, where the elastication of the sock would be unbearable.
On one hand, if he had a medical condition that made it painful to wear socks you would have reasonably expected him to put up with a bit of personal inconvenience for the sake of OUFC just for the minute or two of time it took to get that photo taken.

On the other hand, it may be that it shows what a fat old tosser he is if he thinks he looks sexy like that.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

It totally ruins the official club photo in my (admittedly already jaundiced) view. Silly fool.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Perhaps he did it for a bet?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Another poor decision by Merry and it does indeed spoil the OFFICIAL
team photograph.

Merry looks indeed to have health issues and for me looks to have
&quotthe world&quot on his shoulders.

I wonder how long it will be before Lenagan Sr fires him?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I think he's got hearing trouble and misheard his missus when she tore him off a strip after he got nicked for drink driving home from a strip joint. He thinks she said &quotNo socks for a year&quot.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:It looks to me as though he has cellulitis in his right leg.

On one hand, if he had a medical condition that made it painful to wear socks you would have reasonably expected him to put up with a bit of personal inconvenience for the sake of OUFC just for the minute or two of time it took to get that photo taken.

On the other hand, it may be that it shows what a fat old tosser he is if he thinks he looks sexy like that.
When I had cullulitis, I was in hospital for 3 weeks and could easily have stayed much longer had I chosen to do so. For a further 3 weeks after that I couldn't walk without sticks let alone wear socks even for a few minutes. I wouldn't even have been able to ge tthe socks on anyway because of the amount of swelling. Even lying still was very painful. I continued to use sticks for several months afterwards.

It can develop into necrotizing fasciitis, also known as flesh eating disease.

Whilst I'm happy to criticise Merry for poor management of the club, I can't be too critical of him being sockless for the photo, or even hitching his trousers up as just the touch of the material on the skin would be very uncomfortable.

He might have been well advised to skip the photo altogether of course and had an updated photo done when well enough.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: It can develop into necrotizing fasciitis, also known as flesh eating disease.
Isn't that Lazio's nickname?
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

Cullulitis or Style crisis? You decide. :wink:
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

I know we havent got a trophy to put there, but surely we could have found something to stick in front of Merry and the front row to hide whatever needed hiding...?

Even a few youth teamers sat cross-legged on the floor would have done the trick
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

He could have stood at the back. What are Oxvox going to do about this?