Setanta -what a nightmare!

Anything yellow and blue
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Setanta -what a nightmare!

Post by recordmeister »

Decided to get Setanta this season and saw a CAM (thing you slot into the back of a telly with built in freeview) and viewing card with 1 moths subscription in Tesco for £19.

Bought it and followed the instruction in the pack today, which were (loosly):

&quotWrite the number on the viewing card down.
Stick the viewing card in the CAM.
Slot the CAM into the backof the TV
Call us, or visit www.setanta.com/activate to activate the card.&quot

Easy. I stuck the card in the telly and visited the website. Filled in my bank details etc for a Direct Debit and it ended by saying:

&quotThanks for choosing Setanta. Your freeview pack will be with you in 3- 5 days.&quot

What?!? Why can't you activate the card that came with the pack, that is in my telly? I've got to wait 3 - 5 days for another card to arrive? That means I'll miss the game. Bastards.

So I called their Customer Services Dept who told me that, yup, I would have to wait for a new card to arrive. And yup, it wouldn't be with me in time for the match on Friday.

Unless... I set up a new DD from a different bank account to enable me to activate the card that I have already in my telly. Which is what I have done. I now have to instruct my bank to keep an eye out for the original DD and not let it activate.

What a badly run company Setanta is. Awful. Just awful.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re: Setanta -what a nightmare!

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:Decided to get Setanta this season and saw a CAM (thing you slot into the back of a telly with built in freeview) and viewing card with 1 moths subscription in Tesco for £19.

Bought it and followed the instruction in the pack today, which were (loosly):

&quotWrite the number on the viewing card down.
Stick the viewing card in the CAM.
Slot the CAM into the backof the TV
Call us, or visit www.setanta.com/activate to activate the card.&quot

Easy. I stuck the card in the telly and visited the website. Filled in my bank details etc for a Direct Debit and it ended by saying:

&quotThanks for choosing Setanta. Your freeview pack will be with you in 3- 5 days.&quot

What?!? Why can't you activate the card that came with the pack, that is in my telly? I've got to wait 3 - 5 days for another card to arrive? That means I'll miss the game. Bastards.

So I called their Customer Services Dept who told me that, yup, I would have to wait for a new card to arrive. And yup, it wouldn't be with me in time for the match on Friday.

Unless... I set up a new DD from a different bank account to enable me to activate the card that I have already in my telly. Which is what I have done. I now have to instruct my bank to keep an eye out for the original DD and not let it activate.

What a badly run company Setanta is. Awful. Just awful.
Don't give Satan TV your money. I'm still waiting for a refund of direct debits taken in error since last March.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Setanta

Post by Swissbloke »

Yes they've not got the best customer record in the world.

However I stopped subscribing for about 6 months and they left the signal on :roll:
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

Reminds me of when I left UNN after doing my Masters: they forgot to cancel my IT access, thereby giving me free internet for the three months it took me to find a job and get out of there....
entirely disenchanted
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

I haven't renewed this year with Setanta purely on the basis that leaving last year was so difficult and painful. If they had a slick (or even competent) installation and cancellation process, they would have my money again this year but they don't so The Kite can have it instead.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote:I haven't renewed this year with Setanta purely on the basis that leaving last year was so difficult and painful. If they had a slick (or even competent) installation and cancellation process, they would have my money again this year but they don't so The Kite can have it instead.
I never got round to cancelling mine, so am looking forward to getting something for my money again tomorrow