Back Room Shake Up

Anything yellow and blue
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re: Back Room Shake Up

Post by Mally »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:Anyway, more importantly, some of my committee colleagues from OxVox are meeting with Lenagan Junior and (probably) Mick today ...as members will know.

No doubt we will be further apprised about the major current issues surrounding the club.
Well, you have to admire your blind faith.

The major current issues are:

1. The projected level of debt going forward
2. Plans to address the losses and repay the debt
3. Ian Lenagan's liklihood of continuing to support such losses going forward
4. The chances of the stadium being purchased

[irony]I look forward to the answers to these questions in the minutes of the meeting[/irony]
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Looking at TNS website, they have only 50 scouts worldwide.

Whilst I would guess that the majority are in the UK, that wouldn't provide enough cover for each League and Premier game on a Saturday.

So, unless OUFC have contracted TNS to look solely at OUFC opponents, which doesn't apear to be a service TNS offers, any benefit OUFC might gain, would be limited to possible player signings from the Leagues and Premier League.

IF that is the case, TNS would certainly not appear to be an adequate replacement for internal scouts.

And at £94 per report you might just wonder quite what savings there are to be made, versus the loss of dedicated information.
I reckon there are say 50 of these free-lance scouts dotted around the country. If the club wants info on a team which is impractical to go to yourself, one of their scouts does it for you and reports back in a standardised professional format. For £80 as the club will claim back the VAT.

For a typical opponent 100 miles away, for an in-house scout to go I'd imagine would cost say 200 x40p = £80 mileage, ticket £10 min, fee of £30 say? = £120. An overnight stay? Think of the away games you go to and how much of a Saturday that takes up and how much it costs in total.

Presumably TSN makes it money by using a local scout, has perhaps negotiated a free ticket, fee of £30 or £50, plus their mark-up of £30 or so.

Anyway, presumably all departments have been told to cut costs, and for the backroom staff, it seems we can't afford the luxury of a chief-scout, have to combine kitman and masseur, but will be getting someone in on fitness.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

From AO earlier. “Balderdash. I've been as critical as anyone re the club over the last six months.
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

7 What is happening about the Commercial Manager appointment.
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

8 Why has the QPR game been cancelled.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Looking at TNS website, they have only 50 scouts worldwide.

Whilst I would guess that the majority are in the UK, that wouldn't provide enough cover for each League and Premier game on a Saturday.

So, unless OUFC have contracted TNS to look solely at OUFC opponents, which doesn't apear to be a service TNS offers, any benefit OUFC might gain, would be limited to possible player signings from the Leagues and Premier League.

IF that is the case, TNS would certainly not appear to be an adequate replacement for internal scouts.

And at £94 per report you might just wonder quite what savings there are to be made, versus the loss of dedicated information.
I reckon there are say 50 of these free-lance scouts dotted around the country. If the club wants info on a team which is impractical to go to yourself, one of their scouts does it for you and reports back in a standardised professional format. For £80 as the club will claim back the VAT.

For a typical opponent 100 miles away, for an in-house scout to go I'd imagine would cost say 200 x40p = £80 mileage, ticket £10 min, fee of £30 say? = £120. An overnight stay? Think of the away games you go to and how much of a Saturday that takes up and how much it costs in total.

Presumably TSN makes it money by using a local scout, has perhaps negotiated a free ticket, fee of £30 or £50, plus their mark-up of £30 or so.

Anyway, presumably all departments have been told to cut costs, and for the backroom staff, it seems we can't afford the luxury of a chief-scout, have to combine kitman and masseur, but will be getting someone in on fitness.
I don't think scouts usually pay for tickets. I think they just called the club and arranged for a comp.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:Anyway, more importantly, some of my committee colleagues from OxVox are meeting with Lenagan Junior and (probably) Mick today ...as members will know.

No doubt we will be further apprised about the major current issues surrounding the club.

[irony]I look forward to the answers to these questions in the minutes of the meeting[/irony]
Why is it 'blind' faith? Don't get your angle. At all.

Having met Simon Lenagan a couple of times, (have you?), he's always been reasonably up front with aanswers to our questions. He also treats football supporters like intelligent human beings.

Unlike the unlovely Mr Kassam.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote:

Why is it 'blind' faith? Don't get your angle. At all.

Having met Simon Lenagan a couple of times, (have you?), he's always been reasonably up front with aanswers to our questions. He also treats football supporters like intelligent human beings.

Unlike the unlovely Mr Kassam.
I will stand corrected if I read answers to the questions I posed in the minutes of the meeting when they have been approved by the club and subsequently released.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Here are my predictions for after OV get “further appraised about the major issues surrounding the club
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

wasn't one of the points in the powerpoint presentation that income was down £118K or so as there was no &quotbig&quot pre-season game this year (last year). If Jim brings one of those in that is surely useful.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:wasn't one of the points in the powerpoint presentation that income was down £118K or so as there was no &quotbig&quot pre-season game this year (last year). If Jim brings one of those in that is surely useful.
I just made a related point on another thread. The reason we got a manure game 2 years ago was because of the World Cup and the fact that they weren't on major overseas tours. The European Championship is less likely to stop such big tours this time around as far fewer premier league players will be involved.
bob s
Toddler

Re:

Post by bob s »

[quote=&quotSnake&quot]Here are my predictions for after OV get “further appraised about the major issues surrounding the club
To err is human - to forgive is divine
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Another question, if it's not too late:

Will Jim Smith's contract be renewed when it expires in July?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Another question if it's not too late:

At what purchase price would you regard the Stadium Company as capable of being made profitable within a time frame acceptable to Ian Lenagan?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

So, here we go, the answers from the OxVox session with OUFC as recorded in the official and agreed notes of that meeting. Of course, some of the questions may not have been asked (as is the prerogative of OxVox), but here is what the notes tell Us about the 10 issues we raised on this board that we considered worthy of asking about.

Q1. The projected level of debt going forward?
A1. “The Club confirmed that Woodstock Partners remained committed to the task of returning the Club to the Football League. The Club confirmed that they were reviewing many areas of spending, big and small, and were seeking to make savings which would not adversely affect the prospects of promotion. They were also developing new plans for additional sponsorship options with the aim of increasing revenue.