Ebbsfleet

Anything yellow and blue
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Ebbsfleet

Post by DLT »

Well that was jolly day out. Surely that was a 'bent' crowd figure, there seemed far more than 1800 in attendence.

A really flying start from us but I thought end of the day the score was misleading. Can't believe that our third goal crossed the line or that they didn't get a penalty for Quinn handball.

Loss of Foster was very telling.

I quite enjoyed the 17.15 kick off. Meant I got to dothings in morning and wasn't home too late, unlike A-Roo.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

There are better places than Northfleet to go for a jolly day out - like almost anywhere.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

And the new Billy Turley chant was rather amusing too.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

very amusing, but we need a second verse.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

For those of us who'd planned the weekend away before the fixtures got changed, the lyrics of the funny song went...?
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

To the tune of &quotI love you baby&quot:

Oh Billy Turley
You are the love of my life
Oh Billy Turley
You can sh@g my wife
Oh Billy Turley
Think you're Elvis tooooooo
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

Lyrics by Noël Coward?
entirely disenchanted
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Coming back to the attendance figure, I thought it was accurate. Certainly not an eyebrow-raiser from where I was stood.

What was surprising is that a club which has sold 15,000 tickets for a Wembley final in a couple of weeks time, can only get 1,000-1,200 fans through the gate for their last home game of the season. Surely local floating fans who have bought a Wembley ticket would make the effort to turn up at least once to see who the players are etc etc? Or have they sold 14,000 tickets to MFC members?!
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:To the tune of &quotI love you baby&quot:

Oh Billy Turley
You are the love of my life
Oh Billy Turley
You can sh@g my wife
Oh Billy Turley
Think you're Elvis tooooooo

Toe curlingly awful. Plus Turley plays up to it, which makes it six times worse.

I sensed Anaclet played his last game on Saturday. I've been wrong before of course.

Yemi's haircut made me think of Travis in Taxi Driver. Shocking.

Those Ebbsfleet centre backs were so slow! We could have had 8 in the first half. But wind and slope were a big factor and second period we looked quite wobbly. Ebbsfleet OK going forward but terrible defensively.

Quinn was very impressive.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Eddie

Post by Swissbloke »

I thought on Tuesday night that Eddie's waving to the crowd was a little odd, He knows He's off imho.
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Post by Isaac »

The Turley chant is a bit cringeworthy.

The first half dominance was mostly down to the midfield I thought, Ebbsfleet clearly didn't want to risk injury and Murray and Hand overran them, the slow centre halves trying to play a bad offside trap also helped.

I take it, Asc Ox, that it was Eddie waving when he was subbed that makes you think he may be off?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I didn't get that feeling from Eddie's waving. I just thought it was an end-of-season cheerio (although I've been wrong before too, occasionally, er maybe). I spoke to Eddie (being as we all sponsor him) at the sponsors' &quotdo&quot after the Rushden game, and he gave no indication then of knowing his fate. He said that he's got a meeting planned with Patto on Tuesday (that's tomorrow, fact fans) when they'll sit down and discuss the future, but he implied (or I inferred) that he didn't have a clue what was going to be said. He certainly indicated that he would be more than happy to stay.

The only other info I could glean from him was that brother Eric has been offered a very good long-term deal by Leicester, despite hardly getting a game up in Dundee, and that other brother Anaclet is enjoying himself at Didcot, but feels he could play at a lot higher level. Oh, and that his mum's very well and now living in Wood Farm. I forgot to ask him how other brother Boniface is getting on - how remiss of me.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

When did our season last actually finish (as in finish, not as in become meaningless) in April?

And when does the new one start?
entirely disenchanted
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Re: Eddie

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:I thought on Tuesday night that Eddie's waving to the crowd was a little odd, He knows He's off imho.
Not sure how much you can read into that. After a recent home game (Farsley I think) Rose waved and clapped to the crowd and I was convinced he was not going to play for us again, especially as he was dropped from the squad next match. Having said that, I've a sneaky suspicion that Eddie will be gone come Tuesday, but I'm usualy a crap predictor of these things.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Sideshow Rob »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:When did our season last actually finish (as in finish, not as in become meaningless) in April?

And when does the new one start?
You have to go back to 1961-62, Oxford's last season in the Southern League.
Next season starts on Saturday August 9th.