Pompey

Anything yellow and blue
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Pompey

Post by Baboo »

Have to admit I feel much more optimistic having at last seen the first team play and hold the Pompey first team to a draw. It might not have been a competitive game but they certainly weren't messing around.

The defence looked solid, the players looked fit and seemed to be able to control the ball and the passing was pretty good too. I think everyone impressed me to some degree but it is difficult to judge Duffy playing up front on his own.

It was only in the last 10-15 mins that we looked like scoring and the strike force is obviously an area that needs sorting out. It is not apparent where the goals will come from and until Yemi came on we had no real pace up front. Whether that is to be a problem or not in the Conference we'll have to wait and see.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

this was the first time i've seen the new squad play, and i was also left feeling okay about things. the team looked solid, and worked well as a unit i thought.

anaclet was very impressive - good pace, a few tricks up his sleeve, decent cross, able to vary his tactics - and - comfortable on the ball! not what i've come to expect from oxford's play on the wings... very happy with this signing.

talking to a couple of pompey fans on the way over, they said exactly what i said about how i expected oxford to play - team looks good, needs a striker. and lo and behold we had a reasonably entertaining 0-0 draw.

finally - i've always thought primus was a very good player, but even more impressed being able to watch him in that game.