Driving to Wembley

All things and everything
MattBecker82
Sperm

Driving to Wembley

Post by MattBecker82 »

Hello Yellows

I'm planning on driving from Woking to Wembley for the play-off final on Sunday. Trains||tube look like a no-no from here given the planned engineering works on the Jubilee line.

Has anyone driven to a Wembley match before? How much additional time should I leave myself to take account of the traffic? Ideally I'd like to get to the stadium at 4pm as I'm meeting someone there.

As for parking, I was going to book the official &quotGreen&quot parking area at Wembley (plenty of spaces left at the moment). There are also &quotunofficial&quot car parks in the area which are a bit cheaper. Does anyone have any advice on this? Other than the price, is there an advantage to using the unofficial car parks rather than the official (e.g. quicker exit time)?

Any advice greatly welcomed.

Cheers
Matt
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Why not train Woking-Waterloo, then Bakerloo line to Wembley Central (45 minutes on tube?) or better still Bakerloo line, change at Baker Street and then Metropolitan Line to Wembley Park (approx 25 minutes?)

The Jubilee line is very slow getting to Wembley Park anyway.
Last edited by slappy on Mon May 10, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Why not train Woking-Waterloo, then Bakerloo line to Wembley Central (45 minutes on tube?) or better still Bakerloo line, change at Baker Street and then Metropolitan Line to Wembley Central (approx 25 minutes?)

The Jubilee line is very slow getting to Wembley Park anyway.
Or alternatively for the last leg Marylebone to Wembley Stadium with Chiltern Trains in less than 10 minutes.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Some people I know are driving up and parking around 1 mile away from Wembley Stadium in Alperton where there is parking available especially on a Sunday.

These people have visited Wembley on several occasions over the past few years.
MattBecker82
Sperm

Post by MattBecker82 »

Thanks for the advice, folks.

Given the extra services being laid on by Chiltern Railways, a part-drive-part-train plan is forming, i.e. drive to Denham or Gerrards Cross and hop on the train for a couple of stops. Should take a little over an hour in total if I time it right, and I may even be able to link up with my rendez-vous who is coming by train from Bicester North.

OUFC4eva, just out of curiosity, will your friends walk from Alperton to Wembley, or pick up public transport from there?

Matt
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotMattBecker82&quot wrote:Thanks for the advice, folks.

Given the extra services being laid on by Chiltern Railways, a part-drive-part-train plan is forming, i.e. drive to Denham or Gerrards Cross and hop on the train for a couple of stops. Should take a little over an hour in total if I time it right, and I may even be able to link up with my rendez-vous who is coming by train from Bicester North.

OUFC4eva, just out of curiosity, will your friends walk from Alperton to Wembley, or pick up public transport from there?

Matt
They will walk to Wembley via a few public houses.