Cambridge

Anything yellow and blue
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Cambridge

Post by ty cobb »

As another who found that one of the few upsides of the pandemic was being able to watch Oxford more it was very frustrating not to be able to watch the two Sat games so far. That's £20 the club could have had out of me when they got nothing instead. The argument that fans won't return doesn't hold true for me - most Premier league games are on TV nowadays, yet fans still pack the stadiums. Going to a match is about so much more than what happens on the pitch, a chance to catch up with mates, be part of a atmosphere and enjoy a day out. Watching on the TV doesn't come close - my celebration at a match is much more than being at home because I'm there and part of the experience. But it is better than nothing and keeps me closer to the club and allows me to follow my team and allows the club to get some income from me. I think they should offer a I follow season ticket for say £200, which season ticket holders will get for free, and then if you can turn up you get say a fiver off your match ticket. I would actually probably go to more games as I would be in the habit of Sats are for Oxford United whereas now I find something else to do as I can;t watch it. They could at least try it for half a season before giving up with it.

However, we could all watch the game on Tue and I thought for the first 15m we looked very impressive indeed. Was liquid football at times, all one touch finding space and rather than knocking it about between the back 4 we looked to be positive and play football in their half. We then started suffering from injuries when Holland went off. Now I'm a huge Agyei fan but I don't think he is very effective as a winger, especially when he is then moved from side to side before going to be part of a front two - no surprise he didn't have his best game. For a game like that against a physical team he should be up top, he brings the ball down well and brings others into play. A game like last night doesn't suit Taylor - he has to play with his back to goal and just can't hold the ball up and it kept coming back more often than not.

I thought we adopted well, was really impressed by the new players, thought Gorrin cleared up any danger (we missed him in the play offs) and our new centre back pairing both looked very solid and composed. Yes we were holding on a bit at the end but given the subs forced on us there is no shame in this. Agree with earlier comments about being undone sometimes by physical teams, however, both Charlton and Crewe fit into that category and we've come away with 6 points - Gorrin puts his foot in (which results in yellows) and CB isn't afraid of a tackle so in midfield teams know they will be in for a game now. After the start we have had have high hopes for this season provided we can empty the injury room a bit.