Handed it to them

Anything yellow and blue
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Handed it to them

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Oh silly silly James Henry.

It’s been straight red and penalty forever and a day for deliberately preventing a goal by hand.

I might be wrong, but unless the card is appealed, his season is now over, as a straight red carries an automatic 3 match suspension.

We were pretty well on top in that match, despite some very nice football from both teams. If Henry had not handled the ball, I would have been confident that we would have scored again.

I’m still of the opinion that 74 points won’t be enough this year. There are just too many sides capable of reaching that number and beyond.

Plough Lane looks nice and shiny, although for the money spent, it looks on the small side. It will be far better than trying to crane your neck over the hoards at Kingstonian though, and it has four sides!
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Re: Handed it to them

Post by Ancient Colin »

I think standard penalty for red card for "professional foul" / DenOGSO is only one game.

Edit: see here and p9 on the pdf.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

As I said on the other thread, I think the handball was instinctive, so I don't blame Henry too much. But yes, no complaints over the punishment.

Does anyone remember a game at the Manor late 80s/early 90s (I think against Charlton), when an opposition player tried to save a goal with his hands at the Cuckoo Lane end, but the ball crossed the line, so the goal was given and he was sent off anyway! That always struck me as slightly harsh.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Just when we'd got our hopes up with a last minute winner vs Gillingham and a seemingly easier run-in, we could start looking at where other teams might drop points.

Including a most unexpected result in the earlier kick-off between Slumdon and Portsmouth with two goals from an ex-Pompey player.
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Ancient Colin wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:32 pm I think standard penalty for red card for "professional foul" / DenOGSO is only one game.

Edit: see here and p9 on the pdf.
Good knowledge AC!
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Karl mentioned after the game it was one match as well.

Very frustrating match and I think it shows we just aren't good enough at the moment which is reflective in our league position. Of those who started/came on I would not keep Shodipo, Sykes, Hanson, Forde and Winnall for next season. All have disappointed over the course of the season and not been consistent over the season and especially the last couple of months. This is too many players to carry.

I also thought Taylor looked poor again and should have been taken off earlier. The defense, Long and Ruffs in particular were fantastic and gave everything to try and get us a point.

Lets face it we were lucky to get three points against the Gills and were poor for much the match. I think Gorrin should have started against Wombles to give us a bit more stability as they were breaking and Shodipo was due a rest as well. I can see the logic of trying to keep a winning team but it feels like we missed the warning signs and lets face it its been a heave schedule.

To be fair it is perhaps no surprise that the 3 losing play off teams have struggled in the last part of the season - its been a very long one for all three whereas other teams had a long time off.