Where are they now?

Anything yellow and blue
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Where are they now?

Post by slappy »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:Rob Hall has made his first start (I think) for West Ham, but with little success.
off to Birmingham City on loan with option to extend to end of season.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Video clip of Julian Alsop &quotin action&quot for Carmarthen Town.

From the Liverpool Daily &quotThere is bags of talent in the Welsh Premier League and I'm sure there will be more to come.
I have to be a little critical of one relative newcomer, though.
Last Saturday I had my first look at Julian Alsop, a 39-year-old journeyman striker whose past associations include Swansea City, Cheltenham Town and Oxford United, but who is now in his second season with Carmarthen Town.
All Alsop did in his 10 minutes on the field against Prestatyn was try to start a fight and then polaxe midfielder Gareth Wilson with a high challenge which belonged in a karate dojo.
After being sent off Alsop was not missed. Perhaps not all ex- Football Leaguers who join the WPL are an asset.
&quot
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Video clip of Julian Alsop &quotin action&quot for Carmarthen Town.
And remarkably, he's not even the fattest player on the pitch! That Prestatyn 'keeper is surprisingly agile given his apparent pie consumption.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Now, my Welsh isnt up to much, but while I suspect &quotCerdyn Coch&quot means Red Card, I can think of a few more appropriate translations to describe Mr Alsop...
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/city ... ome-18083/

Former U's youngster Josh Mulvany back from US to join City, but he's not the only one of our former youth players to head over the pond:
The delightfully named Jordan Holder (or is that what Cerdyn Coch translates into?), went over to the states many years ago and got drafted for a side in decent league (Not MLS, but not too far off I dont think), who promptly went bust before the season started
Left back Angus Mackay moved to Ossett Albion while at Uni, then headed stateside, before returning to join the Guernsey side now in the Combined Counties League.
David Malloy also left for the states not long after his first year pro deal finished at OUFC, scoring 22 goals in 25 games for an Arizona college side, moving to Rhode Island Uni, and has now just finished his second season with Panama City Beach Pirates, Florida in the United Soccer League
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Jefferson Louis has just started with his 30th club Whitehawk FC.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Thanks for the extra updates - glad it's not just me who takes an interest in what the ex-players are up to.

I see that the Welsh league can get ten minutes of decent highlights of a game, and publish on a free website. We are lucky to get more than 20 seconds on the football league show which is only online for a week, and then perhaps a couple of minutes on the OWS.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Well Mullins is back in Rotherham.
Evans denies a bust-up - I wonder if we will see Mullins in a yellow shirt again?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Meanwhile, back in Wales ...

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Police||t ... 0276333633
I think this should have been posted in &quotHave I Got Old News For You&quot. :twisted:
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Meanwhile, back in Wales ...

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Police||t ... 0276333633
Wonder how many current premiership / international footballers will spend 15 years as a policeman? How football has changed.
Out of the gloom
Puberty

Post by Out of the gloom »

Malcolm Crosby chief scout at Birmingham City. Explains Rob Hall loan.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

&quotOut of the gloom&quot wrote:Malcolm Crosby chief scout at Birmingham City. Explains Rob Hall loan.
Seems Robbie didn't think much of the team talk at Birmingham City.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Ramon Diaz, OUFC manager Dec 2004-April 2005, appointed as new River Plate Coach.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Simon Hackney, OUFC Feb-Apr 2011, is on trial at Halifax, and was a second half sub during their 5-0 win on Saturday.
He has now left Halifax Town according to the Halifax courier.