"All this points to a United win..."

Anything yellow and blue
Deadly
Embryo

"All this points to a United win..."

Post by Deadly »

How many times have we lost when our opposition have been severely weakened?

The omens are not good.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Yes, that was a bit of a rash thing to say, wasn't it.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re: "All this points to a United win..."

Post by Mally »

&quotDeadly&quot wrote:How many times have we lost when our opposition have been severely weakened?

The omens are not good.
I wasn't sure what severely weakened meant until I read the following on a Lewes site:
An update regarding the goalkeeper situation. It looks like we are going to have to put an outfield player in goal. David Blackmore signed his pro contract last Friday, thus changing his status (he was previously a trainee) This is the ONLY reason why he cannot play tonight. He is available and willing to do so, and West Ham are happy to let him play. However the FA are refusing to allow it, despite the fact that he is still registered as a Lewes player and of course played in the first game (and would have played in the replay had it not been fogged off) We are not even asking for a special dispensation to bring in another keeper, and yet the FA are refusing to budge, despite all the efforts of the Conference officials, who were prepared to give us a special dispensation to bring in someone else for last Saturday if we needed to, in line with the Premier League allowing Kiraly to go to Villa, and I have no doubt that the Football have also on occasion allowed common sense to prevail. Sadly this seems to be in very short supply at the FA. Maybe you would like to let them know over the next few days how disgusted you are with them.
Matt Day must play and everybody told to shoot from 30 yards.