Fog

Anything yellow and blue
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Me again. Looks like I was wrong. According to Jerome it is going ahead although he suggests radios are kept on as people drive to the ground. Even though it is bitterly cold the pitch has not hardened (Yet ??) &amp visibility isn't too bad but there might be some difficulty seeing from one end of the pitch to the other. That's if things stay as they now are.
And I was looking forward to a night in the warm.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

The temperature alone would mean calling this one off now, you would have thought, being as it's dropping below zero already..

http://www.bocc.co.uk/weather/
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:The temperature alone would mean calling this one off now, you would have thought, being as it's dropping below zero already..

Dropping? It hasn't been above zero since yesterday!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:The temperature alone would mean calling this one off now, you would have thought, being as it's dropping below zero already..

Dropping? It hasn't been above zero since yesterday!
Not according to the Oxford weather station!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Now off until 9th Jan.

What a farce this compi is.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Where has that info come from?

OK, scrap that - text update has jsut arrived - obviously Snake is higher up in the contact list than I am....

So replay on 9th Jan, 2nd round on Saturday 13th - doesnt give much time to prepare - or more to the point, leaves great scope for wasted preparations for whoever doesn't go through.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Now off until 9th Jan.

Sorry? Why is it a farce? We are a non -league team. This is the non-league cup competition. I'm pleased it's off. I can make 9th Jan.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Called off an hour and 25 mins to kick off. Have FA rules been broken?
Last edited by Baboo on Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotResurrection Ox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:Now off until 9th Jan.

Sorry? Why is it a farce? We are a non -league team. This is the non-league cup competition. I'm pleased it's off. I can make 9th Jan.
It IS a farce - just like the Johnston’s Paint Trophy, which is the League version of this total waste of football space.

Anyway, we can now add the FA Trophy to the list of farcical competitions that we’ve previously been included in, such as

ZDS Trophy
Anglo-Italian Cup
Watney Cup (though I’m not 100% sure we ever qualified for that)
Simon Cup
Auto Windscreens
Leyland Daff Vans (until LDV went bust)
Full Members Cup
Football League Trophy.

I don’t know why the FA don’t just pull two non-league teams out of a hat at random and say to them “hey, here you are, you and your supporters can go and play at a big posh ground like Aston Villa at the end of the season – no need for advance tickets as there will still be tens of thousands of empty seats at kick off time so enjoy..
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Well I went in the end. Thrashed my 10 year old twice at bowling and then she found £2.07p in the car park. Then had a nice chinese meal which was only slightly spoiled by the 40% hike in the price advertised on the flier from my local takeaway (yep, the owner lives in Basingstoke and it seems his sister runs my local!).

If you lost £2.07 and can tell me what denomination the coins were you can ask her for it back on Boxing Day.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Well I went in the end. Thrashed my 10 year old twice at bowling and then she found £2.07p in the car park. Then had a nice chinese meal which was only slightly spoiled by the 40% hike in the price advertised on the flier from my local takeaway (yep, the owner lives in Basingstoke and it seems his sister runs my local!).

If you lost £2.07 and can tell me what denomination the coins were you can ask her for it back on Boxing Day.
I also went. We had just parked in the car park and as I went to take the key out of the iginition Nick Harris announced with perfect timing that the game was off. I then passed on the news to Hog and Piglet(?) in Bowlplex where, unlike Hog, I got thrashed 5-1 at pool by my 18 year old son (Now I know what he does all day at Uni).

We also had a Chinese but didn't find (or lose) any money in the car park. My night was complete when on returning home I found that Sky Plus had managed to record just the first 5 minutes of the Newcastle v Chelsea game.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Well I went in the end. Thrashed my 10 year old twice at bowling and then she found £2.07p in the car park. Then had a nice chinese meal which was only slightly spoiled by the 40% hike in the price advertised on the flier from my local takeaway (yep, the owner lives in Basingstoke and it seems his sister runs my local!).

Shoudn't it have been handed in at the local nick? :lol:

I had a lovely night as I had just reached the Heathrow pea souper when I heard the postponement. So that'll be another 2 hours to get home then. Thanks FA. As a result I've done my Victor Meldrew bit and sent a stroppy email to the FA. At least I feel a little better now.
Last edited by GodalmingYellow on Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Hog

Was it a pound coin, 2 50p coins, a 5p coin and a 2p coin?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

or was it just over a fifth of a torn up tenner?