Wembley... and you f****d it up

Anything yellow and blue
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Wembley... and you f****d it up

Post by Shoobedoo »

What do Reading, Wycombe and Slumdon have in common (apart from being our local rivals)?

They say no-one remembers Wembley losers.

This year, I most definitely will.

:lol:
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: Wembley... and you f****d it up

Post by Kernow Yellow »

The League One final certainly made an enjoyable warm-up act for the Ride gig in London last Sunday evening - there was an unusual amount of interest in the game in the packed pubs of Chalk Farm (and a small rendition of 'crying at Wembley' at the final whistle) :lol:
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I did wonder if the play-off would get a mention during the gig. However I read the fanzine 7 which suggested the band were a bit disappointed by some 'football chants' during the Co-op hall show in Oxford. Was anyone there who can shed some light on this?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I was at the Oxford gig too. There were no football chants, but one bloke chanted 'Ride are back, hello, hello' continously for about 5 minutes before the band came on during the build-up music. I doubt the band were even aware of it but several of the crowd got a bit pissed off with him! Two great gigs though - they were a bit tighter by the time they got to London but the crackle of anticipation at the start of the Oxford gig (their first together for 20 years) was something else.

Proper Oxford fans too.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I was signed up for the newsletter so was on the mailing list for the Oxford gig but unfortunately wasn't able to get there. I really enjoyed the Roundhouse gig, it seems that the reunion tour is a pleasure rather than a chore and that advances in technology and gear meant they sounded better than first time round. I was in front of the sound desk but unfortunately I had some 6'5" man decide that right in front of me would be the perfect place to stand, and it was too crowded to move really. Also someone else nearby had had a bad case of wind, i nearly threw up at one point. And someone else had brought a joint in, so every twenty minutes there was a strong smell of weed!

Also I see that United Airlines managed to cancel their flight from Barcelona 2 days in a row.