The 12th Man initiative

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: The 12th Man initiative

Post by Snake »

I never knew who ‘Brian from the Beech’ was but liked reading his contributions to Rage On / Raging Bull. I suppose it will just be one of those annoying football mysteries in life that you never find out about. Spent a couple of hours at The Manor tonight – it’s very posh inside now (more like a half-decent hotel in fact) but the end result was disappointing. Ces’t la vie..
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

I had my knee fixed at The Manor last Friday. I was merely paying homage to the great Billy Hamilton.

Would it be approprate to campaign for Brian from the Beech to be outed? Surely it's time for a revival. Brian, BRIAN !! Are you out there... ?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I've always thought Brian from the Beech was our beloved AC, just because of the wonderful writing style and clever wit.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

It wasn't though. I know who it was (still a very occasional contributor on here, but very much an irregular now). I miss fanzines and, although I came late to it, the opportunity to write random stuff far away from my day job. I consider my Belgian semiotic deconstruction of Atkins's "I am a lighthouse" one of my finest published articles!
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Eric Pollard wrote:
Absolutely right. United We Stand?

'Oop the Warriors'.
The "United Way of Oxford" are another group out there fundraising, and should have raised USD 250,000 for 2013.

When will we see any of this for player transfers? Is Thomas Antonio Guerriero involved?