Anything yellow and blue
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Club Crests...

Post by OUFC4eva »

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

I see that this summer that Bolton Wanderers, Everton and Crystal Palace have all updated their club crests.
I am unsure when our crest was last updated. Is it important to modernise and
freshen a clubs' branding or is it just a waste of time and resources?
Last edited by OUFC4eva on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re: Club Crest's...

Post by OUFC4eva »

When taking down the old Club Crest from the Reebok Stadium - it fell and smashed to pieces:

http://www.lionofviennasuite.com/2013/8 ... d-serve-as
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Club Crests...

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Seems appropriate that the bottom of Bolton's new crest looks like the old Endsleigh League logo...

As for the general question, it's a waste of time and money. Saying that, we should revert back to the intimidating Ox head logo and then never change it again.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

There was certainly a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth on the blue side of Stanley Park, as many fans complained they weren't given a chance to air their views prior to the emblem change. I have read somewhere that it will last the season only then revert, but by the time their objections were aired it was too late to remove from apparel for 13-14.

Although it may have been merely for the centenary, 93-94 may have been the third change of badge since the mid-1970s - I don't believe that another change would be necessary any time soon. I believe the current effort to be quite smart!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: Club Crests

Post by Kernow Yellow »

It's a waste of time and money. Unless, like Bolton, your crest is some abomination dreamt up in the 90s, in which case it's a good idea to change it. That 'TM' next to the ribbons is really laughable.

Can't believe Everton have done away with their iconic motto - not surprised their fans are unhappy.

I'm also surprised that the title of this thread hasn't been forcibly edited for one of the worst grammatical errors ever to appear on this forum :!:
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Corrected :oops:
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Northampton reverted to their old crest (right) after the public outcry when it was updated (left).
The A420's decided for some reason to add a latin inscription around two years ago (this their 12th crest change)
and Chesterfield updated theirs when they moved to their new stadium in 2011.
I think Oxford's crest is just about ok but could be improved but it's not a priority right now.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I think Shrewsbury fans have an issue with their 125th anniversary lion / old leopards crests too.
andy james womble
Brat

Post by andy james womble »

I think the last change of scummer badge had something to do with the TOWNS (hamlet really) crest ,going retro really
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Hull City will be re-designing their club crest
following today's events. The AFC part was dropped earlier this year.

http://www.hullcityafc.net/news/article ... 81226.aspx
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Image Image

Manchester United are looking to bring back the words "Football Club" to their club crest which was updated (left)
when the Glazer family bought the club in 2005.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Man Utd changed their badge a few years before 2005. Have a look at their kit when they won the league when Beckham was still playing for them in 02/03 (I think), it doesn't have "Football Club" on that badge.