Oxford Cty

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re: Oxford Cty

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I got to the end, but only by skipping from about 8 minutes.

Did he really claim UEFA Champions League as being a possibility soon?

Bare faced are the words that spring to mind.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Amazing stuff. My personal highlights (and yes, I did listen to it all):

• Oxford is a "big college town", apparently. And there was me thinking we were a university city.
• He claims Oxford City has one of the top four Futsal teams in the UK. Who knew?
• “There won’t be another institution in the world which can do what we do… I have all the confidence in the world that we’re going to be one of the most powerful and influential companies that you could read about”. Wow.
• “We want the retention of quality individuals” – doesn’t bode well for the current OCFC squad then…
• “What we’re building over there, [the people of Oxford] have never seen in their thousands of years of history” – you can say that again, chum.
• “[We’re] raising the bar of what should be expected of a sports club” – SURVIVAL IN CONFERENCE SOUTH!
• “There’s [sic] a lot of quality teams [in Oxford] doing a lot of quality things” – I’m presuming he doesn’t mean United.
• “We’re not one of these companies who hire PR firms” – no, you’re quite capable of coming up with this sort of self-aggrandising PR bullshit yourself. Has anyone ever seen such a sycophantic, toothless interview before?
• “There’s fifty or a hundred companies a month coming in and asking to become a division of our company” – ha!
• “The stock doesn’t trade [because] it’s held tightly… No-one wants to get out at this level anyway... If anything, they want to buy more – and they can’t even buy it because there’s so little available.”

Today, Court Place Farm - tomorrow, the world!
Last edited by Kairdiff Exile on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Kairdiff Exile wrote: • “The stock doesn’t trade [because] it’s held tightly… No-one wants to get out at this level anyway... If anything, they want to buy more – and they can’t even buy it because there’s so little available.”
That's a provable lie right there.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Myles Francis wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote: • “The stock doesn’t trade [because] it’s held tightly… No-one wants to get out at this level anyway... If anything, they want to buy more – and they can’t even buy it because there’s so little available.”
That's a provable lie right there.
To be fair it wasn't TAG that said that - it was that fine independent broadcaster Mick 'da Mixter' Bazsuly. Who also claimed (more than once) that TAG couldn't move around the UK without the paparazzi following him everywhere!

If Mooro hadn't found this he'd just be talking to himself, wouldn't he? Delusional crap the lot of it.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Go back and listen to it again, but this time click on the 'captions' symbol at the bottom first, which gives probably the unintentionally funniest subtitles you will ever see..it had me in tears

About 7.45mins in is daft, but if you only have a minute then start at about 21.30 (and make sure the boss isn't looking)
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I'm expecting to see one of these made soon - http://downfall.jfedor.org/create/

But maybe not - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... vMUvgce_5s
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Well done to Fordy and all the people at CPF after today's results.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Yes, well done City but it rather relied on Vauxhall Motors deciding to resign at the end of the season. Anyway, onwards and upwards! or maybe sideways to Conference South? That would suit me!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I see a new job opportunity has arisen for ML ...
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Hog wrote:I see a new job opportunity has arisen for ML ...
Nah, not for a team with such ‘global appeal’ . TAG will have Six Alex out of retirement in no time.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Snake wrote:
Hog wrote:I see a new job opportunity has arisen for ML ...
Nah, not for a team with such ‘global appeal’ . TAG will have Six Alex out of retirement in no time.
I suspect we shall see an apparently ' highly rated/most sought after/world renowned' manager that no-one has ever heard of appear from America.....

Anyway, just think, if Mickey had held on to the job here, we could have now been set for the Ford/Lewis show at United
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I'm not so sure about them getting a coach from the States. The Yank seems to have gone very quiet recently particularly on the English side of things and I'm wondering if the old guard are actually still in control.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Seems very harsh on Fordy. First season in that step up is never easy.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

Snake will know more I suspect but having listened to Fordy on BBC Radio Oxford recently, shortly after their survival was confirmed, he stated that he worked well with the 'old faces' but stopped short of making references to TAG. He said they needed a chat about the season and the club's realistic expectations.

I think Fordy is better out of it to be honest. Perhaps if BIG CHANGES happen at OUFC then he might find himself a new job.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

GodalmingYellow wrote:Seems very harsh on Fordy. First season in that step up is never easy.
Wasn't that their second season?