Post by OUFC4eva »

OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re: Ticket Promotions/Marketing...

Post by OUFC4eva »

Sw*ndon sell 1,703 Early Bird season tickets so far
for 2013/2014 with a new marketing &quottwist&quot too:

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/art ... 07567.aspx
Last edited by OUFC4eva on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Ticket Promotion/Marketing...

Post by theox »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:A nice idea from Port Vale:

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Po ... z2OA0oyCgO

&quotThe ticket offer is not available to visiting supporters.&quot

Slightly unfair bearing in mind it is £20ish to get into Vale!

Also, do Vale season ticket holders get a rebate as I expect the average cost per game on the season ticket is more than £9?
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

I thought away ticket prices had to be offered at the same price as the equivalent seats to that of the home fans?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:I thought away ticket prices had to be offered at the same price as the equivalent seats to that of the home fans?
each club is allowed four &quothome fans only&quot promos per year. Bradford often do this too.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:
&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:I thought away ticket prices had to be offered at the same price as the equivalent seats to that of the home fans?
each club is allowed four &quothome fans only&quot promos per year. Bradford often do this too.
Cheers. Maybe Oxford will do it. Do the Military Days get included in these initiatives?
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Regarding the Military Days, am I the only one who find these events a little disturbing? On the face of it it's about raising money for injured soldiers. Shouldn't the NHS be providing that, with a special fund from the government? They send young people out to illegal wars, in the face of intense opposition at home and abroad, then refuse them treatment when they return, guilting the general public into raising money for their treatment, whilst pumping out the 'hero' rhetoric that serves as ideological justification for continuing conflicts and staring new ones.
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Post by Joey's Toe »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good post, that. Especially agree with this bit:
&quottomoufc&quot wrote:...pumping out the 'hero' rhetoric that serves as ideological justification for continuing conflicts and staring new ones.
I've thought for a while that the club should reconsider holding these events I seem to recall there was some disquiet on Facebook when the club announced the last one, so I don't think we're alone by any means.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I remember a game away at Lincoln City, at a time when there was a fair bit of bad blood between the two sets of fans, and shortly after 'we' had invaded Iraq. Lincoln put on a kind of military day, and I watched in disbelief as some young men demonstrated fighting with sticks as half-time entertainment just in front of the fans.

Compared to that, I haven't got too much problem with letting military personnel in for a discounted rate once a year. Seems pretty harmless to me.