U's views

Anything yellow and blue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

U's views

Post by Mooro »

Another interesting article, even though I dont know who is who among the contributors. Most interesting for me however was the final contribution, which set out very calmly a lot of valid points. The list of players convicted of drink-driving is powerful, and I'm sure we could add more than one Oxford legend, because it underlines the duplicity among supporters able to tolerate and welcome those players yet vilify one who made the same 'misjudgment' but was unfortunate in that it had more tragic consequences.
Out of the gloom
Puberty

Re: U's views

Post by Out of the gloom »

There is understandable uneasiness with a risk v reward decision that appears to gamble long term club reputation for possible short term achievement.

Not moralistic on McCormick. I supported the club when rehabilitating Chapman and trialling Ryan Crockford. I will continue to do so.

Fundamentally it was wrong to not trust Crocombe with more opportunities.

The loan window opens on Friday 8 February. Cover (e.g. Martinez from Arsenal) for international duty or indeed contingency (including McCormick) could of been signed from then. It will be interesting to monitor any goalkeeper loans this month. A glance around, it appears Andersen at Reading wants to leave and was not included in their 25 man squad list (pdf) and Nicky Weaver has not even been assigned a squad number at Wednesday.

Finally, on a wider point, this is another case of deadline day hysteria. It is time to end these complex transfer rules.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

I didn't like the article at all - all excellent posts but I don't want to be reading a post by a scummer and finding myself nodding along with much of it.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Mooro, can you post a link please?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

:oops:

Thanks! I obviously wasn't paying enough attention at the back!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

That's the wrong link, Mooro. Here's the correct one:

http&#58//www&#46rageonline&#46co&#46uk ... ws_id=3244
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:That's the wrong link, Mooro. Here's the correct one:
Er thanks too, clearly I wasnt either! :oops: :oops: :oops: