Chesterfield

Post by slappy »

Paul Cook hopes some of his injury struck squad will be available
http&#58//www&#46thestar&#46co&#46uk/sp ... -1-5122796
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Chesterfield

Post by slappy »

Sky Sports talk to Spireites goalkeeper Richard O'Donnell ahead of the game.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

It is going to be a very interesting test of Wilder's capabilities this one.

An away fixture at Chesterfield would normally be a game where we might expect a hard fought contest even for a draw. But for us it is another game where really we need all three points.

I'm hoping for no change to the back line. But I want to see JPP playing wide right if Potter isn't fit. Rigg wide left obviously with instructions to cut inside sometimes. Central midfield is the real difficult area of the pitch for us as this is where the game is controlled. Leven's lack of fitness does not warrant a starting place, but then I look at the alternatives and wonder if even given his fitness, that we have anyone I would prefer. There isn't, but I would like to see him playing alongside Forster-Caskey, who is a better player than Cox or Chappie. Front two of Craddock and Beano again please.

If we need to take a striker off for any reason, JPP can just be moved forward, or give Roberts or Marsh a chance.

Subs of Brown, Heslop, Chappie, Roberts, Marsh, Cox, Raynes

If Potter is fit, JPP moves to the bench in place of Roberts or Marsh.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I still think it is perhaps too early to risk the youth unless we have at least a two goal lead.
Meanwhile, The Independent think we are top seven material.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Chesterfield injury update from The Sheffield Star
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Sky Sportspreview
I like the last paragraph which is about as positive as you can get

&quotUntil their recent blip Oxford had only lost two of their previous eight games, a spell which included a 5-0 thrashing of Accrington and a 3-1 win away to Wycombe, but one point from their last two games means they are 17th in the standings.&quot
STEVE F
Brat

Post by STEVE F »

HOW LONG BEFORE A LONG OVERDUE CLEAROUT OF MANAGEMENT COACHES AND SECOND RATE PLAYERS TAKES PLACE AT OXFORD UNITED LEAGUE POSITION AND RESULTS SHOW THAT WILDER HAS DONE A GREAT JOB BUT HAS NOW TAKEN THE CLUB AS FAR AS HE IS ABLEAND SHOULD NOW GO AND TAKE THE OVER RATEDLIKES OF AM AND ML WITH HIM
THE LIST OF OVER RATED PLAYERS WHO ARE JUST NOT ANY WHERE NEAR GOOD ENOUGH FOR LEAGUE FOOTBALL INCLUDE THESE OUFC SO CALLED PLAYERS BATT , DAVIES, WRIGHT ,LEVEN , CHAPMAN, AND THE MOST OVER RATED OF ALL POTTER , CONSTABLE AND PITTMAN NO MATTER WHAT THE COST SACK THEM NOW AND LET OUFC GET THE FRESH START IT SO CLEARLY NEEDS NOW .
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotSTEVE F&quot wrote:HOW LONG BEFORE A LONG OVERDUE CLEAROUT OF MANAGEMENT COACHES AND SECOND RATE PLAYERS TAKES PLACE AT OXFORD UNITED LEAGUE POSITION AND RESULTS SHOW THAT WILDER HAS DONE A GREAT JOB BUT HAS NOW TAKEN THE CLUB AS FAR AS HE IS ABLEAND SHOULD NOW GO AND TAKE THE OVER RATEDLIKES OF AM AND ML WITH HIM
THE LIST OF OVER RATED PLAYERS WHO ARE JUST NOT ANY WHERE NEAR GOOD ENOUGH FOR LEAGUE FOOTBALL INCLUDE THESE OUFC SO CALLED PLAYERS BATT , DAVIES, WRIGHT ,LEVEN , CHAPMAN, AND THE MOST OVER RATED OF ALL POTTER , CONSTABLE AND PITTMAN NO MATTER WHAT THE COST SACK THEM NOW AND LET OUFC GET THE FRESH START IT SO CLEARLY NEEDS NOW .
I agree regarding the manager and coaches. But not the players.

Even if we ignore a discussion over who is a decent player and who is not, sacking those players, would mean paying off their contracts and because we are already at the top of our player budget, we would not be able to sign any other players. So please lets have a sensible debate about the way forward.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

&quotSTEVE F&quot wrote:HOW LONG BEFORE A LONG OVERDUE CLEAROUT OF MANAGEMENT COACHES AND SECOND RATE PLAYERS TAKES PLACE AT OXFORD UNITED LEAGUE POSITION AND RESULTS SHOW THAT WILDER HAS DONE A GREAT JOB BUT HAS NOW TAKEN THE CLUB AS FAR AS HE IS ABLEAND SHOULD NOW GO AND TAKE THE OVER RATEDLIKES OF AM AND ML WITH HIM
Once again you basically just slag off the longest serving players. A few months ago you wanted Craddock &quotOUT&quot, if the club had obliged how much worse off could we have been this season? News that he seems to be out until at least the new year is a blow, and you want to &quotSACK&quot half of our senior strikers, you've got to get real.
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Post by Joey's Toe »

I suspect what I am about to say will demonstrate that I've been 'had' by a troll, but here goes...
&quotSTEVE F&quot wrote:THESE OUFC SO CALLED PLAYERS
They are players. They're not just &quotso-called players&quot. People using &quotso-called&quot in a misguided attempt at rhetoric are pretty much always numpties, in my experience. Also, please - for the love of god - switch off your caps lock.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Sorry, but Steve F has to binned in the same category as those who phone RadOx and demand that Lenegan &quotputs his hand in his pocket&quot. They are just completely divorced from the reality of where the club is financially.

I'm amazed (although I probably shouldn't be) at some of the names listed by SteveF as worthy of being binned. Wright? Leven? Davies? Seriously?!
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Best thing about Saturday? Jerome cuting off Dougie before he got going again on the chairman needing to put his hand in his pocket. Idiot.