Post by slappy »

Adam Chapman makes the Sky Sports League 2 Team of the Week
I wasn't expecting that!

(as does ex-U, Dean Morgan)
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Current squad

Post by slappy »

Tyrone Marsh scores a late winner for Staines Town.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Alfie Potter makes Sky Sports L2 team of the week, as does ex-U, and Tuesday's visitor, Johnny Mullins.

I think Michael Raynes was in The Football League Paper's team of the week too,

and Deane Smalley is in the NPower League 2 team of the week
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21687548

Chapman goes on loan to Mansfield
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21687548

FFS what is that all about? Why not send Heslop out instead? Unless we bring in a creative midfielder as a result of this I do not see the logic at all.
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Post by Joey's Toe »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21687548

Crazy decision. Clearly something has gone on behind closed doors. I can't see any other reason why Wilder would ship out one of our most consistent performers of the season and keep a donkey like Heslop.

Fuming about this. I know Chapman hasn't been brilliant in the last few weeks, but he's head and shoulders above (m)any of the other central midfielders at the club.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:
&quotMooro&quot wrote:Chapman goes on loan to Mansfield
FFS what is that all about? Why not send Heslop out instead? Unless we bring in a creative midfielder as a result of this I do not see the logic at all.
Something has definitely gone on because when Chappers was subbed on Saturday he sat in the dugout all of the half time period and then went down to the changing rooms once the team had retaken the pitch.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

He's just about our best midfielder (given that Leven is fat, injured and possibly not coming back). In fact he's just about our only midfielder, who else is there? Maybe Wilder would like to go on loan to Mansfield too?
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

I am not sure that I am with this love in so far as Adam Chapman is concerned?

I thought that he was a very good player the season we went up and his performance at Wembley was excellent. I was really hoping that he would kick on this season with a full pre season behind him.

But.... he has been poor this season. His set pieces have been awful (the corner after corner agaisnt York plus the free kicks). He has tried the long ball many times and this has often gone to the opposition.

He has bags of potential in my view, but I am surprised that people think that this is such a wrong decision ...
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

I just do not get the Chapman-worship. In the games I have seen this season (admittedly not many) he has been consistently underwhelming and ineffective. He has never looked like the player he was in that last Conference season - in particular but not only the Wembley performance.

Having brought in yet another midfielder recently, I can understand why someone has left - and let us be honest, who would want to take Heslop on loan? We cannot just kick Heslop out because he is rubbish, without incurring a greater financial hit than Chapman going on loan and, presumably, at least part of his wages being covered by Mansfield. I guess also this is a loan 'with a view to a permanent move', especially as I think he comes from up this way.

I agree that there are worse midfielders in the current squad, but these other factors considered, I am pleased at least one has gone and am not at all surprised (nor disappointed) it is Chapman.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

The whole Chapman signing last Summer was drawn out, because the club was covered by the U-24 compensation rules if he joined someone else. He thought he was worth more, the club offered less.

Several players are out of contract and we haven't heard of any negotiations, which could be affecting relations with the club as I think you can start talking to other clubs once there is under six months to go (and contracts always last until June).

Plus we are already we are told on the boundaries of the salary cap, having picked up MacCormack for rumoured expenses only, and Davies I've no idea.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Michael Raynes in Sky Sports L2 team of the week.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Jake Wright interview with Sky Sports here, talking about the season gone and the next few games coming up.
captainox
Toddler

Post by captainox »

Who should stay and go? Plus suggestions of who to bring in

http://captainox-comments.blogspot.co.u ... eason.html
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Alfie Potter and Andy Whing in the NPower L2 team of the week