Rotherham

Anything yellow and blue
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Rotherham

Post by Paul Cooper »

Seem to be going for it.

Have put a bid in for Midson and a 'substantial' bid in for Matt Tubbs (the largest ever from Rotherham). That having already signed 2 strikers from Exeter and Colchester.

I would think that they along with Fleetwood and Southend if they don't go up will be favourites next season.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Re: Rotherham

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

Clearly they're striking while the iron's hot.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

It seems to be accepted that Rotherham are going to be splashing the cash - and that's the reason Cheaty Fatso McFraud legged it there before he screwed up Crawley's promotion chances. But are they really that flush? There's talk of them having crowds of 10,000|| on a regular basis, but I just can't see where that's coming from when they averaged less than 3,500 this season. Yes, they have been in exile, and yes, there's the new ground thingy - but trebbling the crowd?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Rotherham won't find it easy. The bids for Midson and Tubbs have been turned down.

Even if the bids were accepted, I can't see Tubbs wanting to drop a division and I can't see either player wanting to play for Rotherham.

I agree with Myles, rotherham are going to severely struggle to get the matchday numbers. They might get good crowds for the first few games as fans want to see the new stadium and the 92 club effect kicks in, but there is no way they will consistently get crowds of 10,000. They will be lucky to get consistent crowds of 5,000, and I'm not convinced they will even achieve that.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The info re the bids for Midson and Tubbs came from Evans himself. No guarantee of truth there.