Bradbury's Back!

Anything yellow and blue
DANCHU-4-OU
Baby

Bradbury's Back!

Post by DANCHU-4-OU »

Not what we wanted to hear:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14787510.stm

So do you guys think that the Cherries will make a move in the loan market when the window opens??? :?
wightyellow
Puberty

Post by wightyellow »

Whats he worth then?

£200,000?
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
DANCHU-4-OU
Baby

Post by DANCHU-4-OU »

Well, according to FIFA 11, he's worth £900,000!!! :lol:

But seriously, it must be around £200,000. And to be honest I think both Wilder and Kelvin Thomas definitely allow Beano at that price. The only problem is finding the best and suitable replacement!! Cant think of many!! :(
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

You are off your rockers.

£500k minimum for what Beano brings to the team and the club.

And even at that level I would rather we kept him, because I don't think we'll find a better player to replace him at this level.
wightyellow
Puberty

Re:

Post by wightyellow »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:You are off your rockers.

£500k minimum for what Beano brings to the team and the club.

And even at that level I would rather we kept him, because I don't think we'll find a better player to replace him at this level.
How very dare you, i am most certainly upon ones rockers.

:P
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

IS he better than Adam Le Fondre, who scored 24 goals in 49 games last season, who went for £350k.

I would argue that, with 17 goals in 46 apps last season, that he isn't.

Therefore, he's probably worth around £250k - £300k
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Le Fondre probably got better service or maybe he was just better at staying onside...
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by joepoolman »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:IS he better than Adam Le Fondre, who scored 24 goals in 49 games last season, who went for £350k.

Le Fondre went cheap!! This is what I'd be comparing him to: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 444447.stm

Granted he hasn't scored as many goals, but I wouldn't sell him for less than half a £million.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:IS he better than Adam Le Fondre, who scored 24 goals in 49 games last season, who went for £350k.

So with the Shrews taking a reported 25% cut we'll get £187,500 for our best player who is on a 3 year deal and entering the peak of his playing days.

I'd say he was worth more than £187,500 to us and will cost us quite a bit more then that to replace.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

But haven't we already 'replaced' him?
IN: Smalley, JPP, Franks,
STAYED: Potter , Craddock to return,
OUT: Midson, Green, Woodley who were basically out anyway last season?

I see this as balancing the budget, particularly with Duberry and Leven coming in on presumably relatively high wages at the club. Also Constable/Midson last year couldn't both be centre forward in the same team, so too Constable/Smalley this year.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

Surely he's 'worth' whatever anyone will pay for him and the case of le Fondre is entirely irrelevant (or you could quote over-inflated fees paid for talentless donkeys ad infinitum).

IMHO we don't need to sell him, he's under contract and we're not skint. If he wants to leave, his destination club pays over the odds or he plays reserve football for three years. There are several clubs interested thus it follows there should be a lottery, inflating his price.

If we settle for the peanuts quoted above, I shall be most distraught. £500K, absolute bare minimum in today's ludicrous sports-economy.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Loss of Beano = loss of goals = loss of success = pissed off fans = lower gates = lower income. Or we could bring in a wonder boy for peanuts who will bang in 30 a season. Now where is this wonder boy, because we have not already got him.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:But haven't we already 'replaced' him?
IN: Smalley, JPP, Franks,
STAYED: Potter , Craddock to return,
OUT: Midson, Green, Woodley who were basically out anyway last season?

I see this as balancing the budget, particularly with Duberry and Leven coming in on presumably relatively high wages at the club. Also Constable/Midson last year couldn't both be centre forward in the same team, so too Constable/Smalley this year.
So how many goals have Smalley, JPP and Potter got this season between them? How many has Beano got? If Smalley is Beanos replacement god help us.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

It's a bit early to write off Smalley.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:It's a bit early to write off Smalley.
It is too early to write off Smalley, but he isn't doing himself any favours at the moment.