Highlights

Anything yellow and blue
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Highlights

Post by Sideshow Rob »

It's 8 o'clock on Monday evening and still there are no highlights from the Halifax game on Yellow World. Are Premium TV covering the Conference? If not, I don't think I'll be renewing my subscription.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Er, isn't that about four times more expensive?
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

And while I'm slagging off Premium TV what were they thinking about when they put that awful new advert page for their text service in front of the official site's home page? I can't be the only who has to click on the damn thing five or six time in order to get through. It must be nearly impossible using dial-up and some slower broadband connections. I'm sure many casual supporters will just give up.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

One silver lining of our fall from grace is that Premium TV no longer have the exclusive web broadcast rights to our games.

Which means that exiles such as myself can just get the Radio Oxford commentary over the web without having to subscribe to yellow world.

Just thought I'd share that nugget, in case other exiles hadn't realised yet...
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Can you? When I tried tuning into a game via the RadOx site I got the message about the broadcast not being available because of contractual issues.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:One silver lining of our fall from grace is that Premium TV no longer have the exclusive web broadcast rights to our games.

Which means that exiles such as myself can just get the Radio Oxford commentary over the web without having to subscribe to yellow world.

Just thought I'd share that nugget, in case other exiles hadn't realised yet...
That explains why I couldn't get the live broadcast over Yellow World whilst I was away last week. Surely a partial refund of subscription is justified for this significant restriction of service!!
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Swiss Bloke

Post by Swissbloke »

Thanks for this thread, I was just about to suscribe.

What's the deal from the US anyone know, can I get comentary or not?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:Can you? When I tried tuning into a game via the RadOx site I got the message about the broadcast not being available because of contractual issues.
Well I got the Burton game from start to finish. Having said that, I got a few games towards the end of last season too, when the BBC (or whoever) forgot to turn the feed off.

I don't think there are any such contractual issues in the Conference - the club site certainly no longer says that Yellow World is &quotthe only place to hear the game on the web&quot, as it used to do in every match preview.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:And while I'm slagging off Premium TV what were they thinking about when they put that awful new advert page for their text service in front of the official site's home page? I can't be the only who has to click on the damn thing five or six time in order to get through. It must be nearly impossible using dial-up and some slower broadband connections. I'm sure many casual supporters will just give up.
Maybe.

Anyway, try this instead as it's cheaper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsGFPdLDeCs
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:And while I'm slagging off Premium TV what were they thinking about when they put that awful new advert page for their text service in front of the official site's home page? I can't be the only who has to click on the damn thing five or six time in order to get through. It must be nearly impossible using dial-up and some slower broadband connections. I'm sure many casual supporters will just give up.
Maybe.

Anyway, try this instead as it's cheaper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsGFPdLDeCs
Maybe - but the guy who posted it runs the risk of breach of copyrihght.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Yeah, right. And the person that is taking up valuable police resources in chasing this matter is?

What a sad bastard you are sometimes.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Yeah, right. And the person that is taking up valuable police resources in chasing this matter is?

What a sad bastard you are sometimes.
i do believe i'm winding you up. great news.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Great news for whom - given that it took me about 10 seconds to think about and post that last one?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:Can you? When I tried tuning into a game via the RadOx site I got the message about the broadcast not being available because of contractual issues.
Bugger. I've got that message now too. Anyone know what the story is with this?