Bigger gate on Saturday?

Anything yellow and blue
bspittles
Brat

Bigger gate on Saturday?

Post by bspittles »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 469053.stm

Lincoln City's directors are paying for their supporters to travel to Oxford. A nice gesture, I think.
Belgian Yellow
Toddler

Post by Belgian Yellow »

Should add an extra 50 to the gate.
Peterorange
Puberty

Re:

Post by Peterorange »

&quotBelgian Yellow&quot wrote:Should add an extra 50 to the gate.
:lol:
bspittles
Brat

Post by bspittles »

So extra tickets and programmes (might be their last away game in the league) will give us an extra £1000.

Sounds good to me!
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Only 5 coaches sold out apparently.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:Only 5 coaches sold out apparently.
But they're free, Rob.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

You know what I mean!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Well, that was a pretty impressive gate for what was for 90% of those present a fairly meaningless game. Our highest average home league attendance for 13 years will surely go a long way to keeping the club on a steady financial course.

Lincoln might have travelled in good numbers, but on the pitch they seemed to lack fight. We never really got out of second gear, and at times were really pretty poor, especially in the first half. But the ease with which we first got back into the game, and then controlled it, is pretty ominous for Lincoln's survival chances.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Well, that was a pretty impressive gate for what was for 90% of those present a fairly meaningless game. Our highest average home league attendance for 13 years will surely go a long way to keeping the club on a steady financial course.

Lincoln might have travelled in good numbers, but on the pitch they seemed to lack fight. We never really got out of second gear, and at times were really pretty poor, especially in the first half. But the ease with which we first got back into the game, and then controlled it, is pretty ominous for Lincoln's survival chances.
After a crap first half I thought we progressed beyond second gear in the second half. Lincoln didn't lack fight in the first half but as we took control it drained from them and they were well beaten before the end with nothing left to give. All they have to do is beat Aldershot though. Sounds easy doesn't it.