New Players

Anything yellow and blue
Oufc2009
Brat

New Players

Post by Oufc2009 »

I thought i would use this stage of the season to discuss people who you have seen this season from other teams who you would like to see in a oxford shirt next year. Personally i think we need a couple of clinical finishers up top and some quick midfielders as this years squad i feel have been to slow, also a new left back is a certain as i dont rate tonkin at all. I think players who have stood out when i have watched games is a striker like Steve kabba, i know he is bit of a has-been and he is not doing so well at Barnet but he is a fast striker who can finish, and with proper supplys could be a good signing and with barnet maybe going down could easily get him on a free. So who does everyone else wanna see in a yellow shirt?
It doesn't matter what people say, I like the 2010/2011 home shirt
oufcharry80
Toddler

Post by oufcharry80 »

Ive heard Laurie Wilson and Clayton Donaldson could be coming to Oxford , they are definately 2 players I would want at oxford.
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

'Want' and 'available' are very different things, but Nicky Law (Rotherham) impressed me most this season, followed by Danny Andrew (Cheltenham Tn). Thornton (Northampton Tn) also had a very good game against us at Grenoble Rd, but I don't think he is even a regular starter.

I have been impressed by how close to his chest Wilder keeps his cards - most signings are players we haven't heard of!
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

From a technical standpoint the &quotstand out&quot player I have seen
in this league, without a doubt, is Bury's on loan forward Nicky Ajose.

Talk about touch and technique - a wonderful young talent.

Championship clubs are queueing up to sign him but as he is not Bury's player I suppose I should possibly ignore his talents when looking at the best of league two simply because he is a Manchester United starlet.

Accrington's Jimmy Ryan looks a class player and I agree that Lawrie Wilson
is an accomplished player too.

I also keep hearing we are interested in Clayton Donaldson. He has bagged 25 goals in this league this term. Don't know if there is any substance here though.

CW did refer to the Crewe striker as &quotClayton&quot after the home win last month, rather than refer to him as Donaldson.
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:CW did refer to the Crewe striker as &quotClayton&quot after the home win last month, rather than refer to him as Donaldson.
Conclusive proof! :wink:
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Jimmy Ryan is out of contract at the end of the season... Would be a good move.