OXF V WWFC

Anything yellow and blue
Oxf_wanderer
Embryo

OXF V WWFC

Post by Oxf_wanderer »

As we alllll know, the reverse fixture back in 2010 was a bit of a drab affair. Since then Oxf form has dropped and Wyc went on a run.. What do you reckon the result will be? Do you think your undeservant of your position and do you think Wyc are riding higher than they deserve?

Should be a great spectacle for all involved. Should be a good 10000 there..
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re: OXF V WWFC

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotOxf_wanderer&quot wrote:As we alllll know, the reverse fixture back in 2010 was a bit of a drab affair. Since then Oxf form has dropped and Wyc went on a run.. What do you reckon the result will be? Do you think your undeservant of your position and do you think Wyc are riding higher than they deserve?

I do think we are 'undeservant' of our position. Bit Chaucerian are'nt you?
Oxf_wanderer
Embryo

Chaucer... i am.

Post by Oxf_wanderer »

So no prediction for what could be quite an enthrawling encounter
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re: OXF V WWFC

Post by A-Ro »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:
&quotOxf_wanderer&quot wrote:As we alllll know, the reverse fixture back in 2010 was a bit of a drab affair. Since then Oxf form has dropped and Wyc went on a run.. What do you reckon the result will be? Do you think your undeservant of your position and do you think Wyc are riding higher than they deserve?

I do think we are 'undeservant' of our position. Bit Chaucerian are'nt you?
Chaucerian? that's the first time I've heard it called that.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

One game at a time.
Burton. Then after that Bury away. When that has happened it will be time to consider the game against WWFC.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

My five-year-old's school has arranged a trip to see our local League side (WWFC) in action - with the game being against Northampton.

This is one of those few moments where I am thankful that he does not like football, as that is building up to be a tortuous afternoon (and enough to put the other kids off too I would imagine).
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

Perfectly reasonable question from Oxf_wanderer, but our form hasn't dropped since the match at Wycombe as at that point we hadn't won a league game.

I'm pretty indifferent about Wycombe tbh - I suspect their fans look forward to the game far more than we do : but they are riding high, even if their form is a bit inconsistent.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Their form is actually worse than ours - 5pts from last five games to our six - just that other clubs are going equally as badly so that somehow WW have remained in teh top 3. Can't see it lasting though.
YeOx
Toddler

Post by YeOx »

''Should be a great spectacle for all involved. Should be a good 10000 there''

Not sure about the match being a 'great spectacle' - Pretty tense and dramatic, maybe.
Most if not all OUFC fans see Wycombe as noisy neighbours and a bit of a Mickey Mouse club, tbh.
It's perhaps understanderble that Wycombe fans value matches against the U's highly - For so long they have lived in our shadow and therefore relish a chance to try and put one over their local rivals, for U's fans the matches have slightly more interest than those against many second Div Clubs for no other reason than the close proximity.
I doubt there will be 'A good 10000' in attendance- but perhaps if we win at Bury and other results are favourable?
UTM.
Oxf_wanderer
Embryo

Previous Results

Post by Oxf_wanderer »

14 games..

7 wins for Wycombe

4 wins for Oxford.....

&quotlivings in shadows&quot
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

60's, 70's, 80's.
Oxf_wanderer
Embryo

Post by Oxf_wanderer »

were along time ago.....
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

zzzzzzzzzzzzz...
oxfordyankee
Baby

Post by oxfordyankee »

Thats how many people could be arsed to tip up to watch a promotion chasing WWFC on Boxing day this season.

Is that relevant? Probably not but it makes me laugh every time I think about it.
OUFC mean more than they should to me
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotOxf_wanderer&quot wrote:were along time ago.....
Yes, they were. But still a period when we actually played in the top flight for 3 seasons.
And quite a long period at that. Hence the &quotfor so long&quot I would guess.

Anyway zzzzzzzzz - Willing to have a sensible debate after the match takes place. And at this point in time I cannot argue with the league table. WWFC are better than OUFC.