The stadium won't be sold because Merry &amp Co won't buy
5%
The stadium won't be sold because the two parties can't reach agreement
33%

Total votes: 21

Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Sorry, but are we voting for the price we think the stadium will actually be sold for, or the price we will be told it was sold for?
Peterorange
Puberty

Re:

Post by Peterorange »

&quotDr Bob&quot wrote:Sorry, but are we voting for the price we think the stadium will actually be sold for, or the price we will be told it was sold for?
we're voting for the one we think we will be told it was sold for )

Another 'dunno' here. I could take an educated guess but I would have to borrow someone else's education.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotPeterorange&quot wrote:
&quotDr Bob&quot wrote:Sorry, but are we voting for the price we think the stadium will actually be sold for, or the price we will be told it was sold for?

Another 'dunno' here. I could take an educated guess but I would have to borrow someone else's education.
This poll was started 4 years ago and someone with a long memory has dragged it out.

The question was how much you think it will be sold for.

Someone mentioned Ian Lenagan had implied £10m but that is way too high a price imho. I would think £4m tops now. The stadium only had an intended useful life of 25 years.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotPeterorange&quot wrote:

This poll was started 4 years ago and someone with a long memory has dragged it out.

Someone mentioned Ian Lenagan had implied £10m but that is way too high a price imho. I would think £4m tops now. The stadium only had an intended useful life of 25 years.
£4m?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotPeterorange&quot wrote: we're voting for the one we think we will be told it was sold for )

£4m?
Yes £4m. A couple of years ago I suggested it might be worth £6m, but a lot has changed since then.

The bottom has all but fallen out of commercial property values, and Stadco trading is so poor, that it would cost someone a lot of money to keep it afloat. The buildings are also 2 years nearer the end of their regular useful life and thereby 2 years nearer a major overhaul, and as the buildings get older, the maintenance costs rise disproportionately.
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: This poll was started 4 years ago and someone with a long memory has dragged it out.

£4m?
Yes £4m. A couple of years ago I suggested it might be worth £6m, but a lot has changed since then.

The bottom has all but fallen out of commercial property values, and Stadco trading is so poor, that it would cost someone a lot of money to keep it afloat. The buildings are also 2 years nearer the end of their regular useful life and thereby 2 years nearer a major overhaul, and as the buildings get older, the maintenance costs rise disproportionately.
Sorry Terry, your logic is reasonably sound but that valuation is crackers. Nowhere near high enough.

If you think Kassam would sell for £4 million then I'm Footballer of the Year.

If the club bought the stadium there are loads of revenue generating opportunites that would become availabe there is significant goodwill towards the club from Oxfordshire business community currently.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote: £4m?

Sorry Terry, your logic is reasonably sound but that valuation is crackers. Nowhere near high enough.

If you think Kassam would sell for £4 million then I'm Footballer of the Year.

If the club bought the stadium there are loads of revenue generating opportunites that would become availabe there is significant goodwill towards the club from Oxfordshire business community currently.
I didn't say Kassam would sell for £4m. I said in my view that the stadium value with the stadium company is £4m.

I agree there are many opportunities for OUFC, but opportunities represents possible future value, not actual present value. To value the business, we can only use present market forces applied to trading history and capital values.

Conferencing is almost dead and buried at the moment, and I reckon it would take close to £1m cash per year to keep stadco afloat until the economy picks up.

On 25 years useful life, the depreciated value of the stadium from memory is now what £6m, £7m?

What value would you put on it Tim, and how do you arrive at your figure?

I would say £4m is pretty fair in the current climate.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Under your theory then in 4 years time Uncle Firoz will give it to Us, and in 6 years time he'll offer Us £2m to take it off his hands :D
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Under your theory then in 4 years time Uncle Firoz will give it to Us, and in 6 years time he'll offer Us £2m to take it off his hands :D
It would be nice to think so, however, in 4 years time commercial property values will have changed, the stadium company trading may have changed, economic conditions may be more favourable, conferencing may be in a healthier state, OUFC may be in a higher division, Stadco may have undertaken a substantial maintenance program.

If it were only about depreciation, valuers' would be less sought after and less well paid.

Forgetting stadco, and any capital value of buildings and land, how much do you think a businessman with any sense would pay for a company which is going to cost him £1m a year?