Late Kick Off

Anything yellow and blue
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Late Kick Off

Post by Sideshow Rob »

BBC1 11.05pm will feature Oxford United.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

Seriously, is Timmy Mallet the best celeb we can come up with?
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

How many other celebs do you know who are also real fans? Desmond Morris, methinks, but 'celeb'?
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotJohn Byrne's Underpants&quot wrote:Seriously, is Timmy Mallet the best celeb we can come up with?
Sadly, yes - it is cringeworthy.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Why do we have to have a &quotceleb&quot attached to us for programmes like this?

It is embarassing to have Timmy Mallett wielding his weapon every time OUFC is mentioned. It does the club no favours whatsoever.
Fantastic Mr Ox
Brat

Post by Fantastic Mr Ox »

Stop being such grumpy b*stards.

It's all good publicity and Timmy has been a tremendous fan to the club over the years, and he's a really lovely guy, so I'm told by those that know him well.

Some people will moan about anything! That we have someone like Timmy who can raise our profile in the national media in even a small way is clearly a good thing that benefits the club.
wightyellow
Puberty

Re:

Post by wightyellow »

&quotDr Bob&quot wrote:How many other celebs do you know who are also real fans? Desmond Morris, methinks, but 'celeb'?
Richard Branson
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Presumably finding a minor celebrity fan who will give a few minutes interview is in the book of football club cliches which must be included in any tv feature about a club's off pitch activities.

I bet ITV are sick as a parrot that Crawley are a full time side, so they can't roll out the non-league team in the FA Cup footage of Danny Bulman delivering post, Tubbs as a policeman, Brodie as a traffic warden.
Stuart Massey
Baby

Re:

Post by Stuart Massey »

&quotFantastic Mr Ox&quot wrote:Stop being such grumpy b*stards.

It's all good publicity and Timmy has been a tremendous fan to the club over the years, and he's a really lovely guy, so I'm told by those that know him well.

Some people will moan about anything! That we have someone like Timmy who can raise our profile in the national media in even a small way is clearly a good thing that benefits the club.
Exactly. I don't see how this can &quotnot do us any favours&quot. As a child of the 80s Timmy will always have a place in my heart and anyway anyone who has stuck with the club through thick and thin as he has deserves respect.

I didn't see the show thought - did he actually have his mallet? I think he should start brining it to games.
Stuart Massey
Baby

Re:

Post by Stuart Massey »

&quotwightyellow&quot wrote:
&quotDr Bob&quot wrote:How many other celebs do you know who are also real fans? Desmond Morris, methinks, but 'celeb'?
Richard Branson
The one and only time I have ever seen Mr B at a game was the away leg at Stamford Bridge in '99. What evidence is there that he is a U's fan?
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Well said.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

I did actually meet him once - for a celeb he seemed OK, and he's certainly a genuine fan.
yellowportly
Brat

Re:

Post by yellowportly »

&quotStuart Massey&quot wrote:
&quotwightyellow&quot wrote:
Richard Branson
The one and only time I have ever seen Mr B at a game was the away leg at Stamford Bridge in '99. What evidence is there that he is a U's fan?
I saw him on the platform at Gerrards Cross as my train went through on the way to that little kick about in May at Wembley. He was dressed in Yellow and Blue (with a hammer of course) and had something (can't remember exactly) about Oxford written on his shirt ... perhaps he was off to a DressUpInYellowAndBlueWithABastardBigMallet convention ... or maybe he was off to follow Oxford ? Who knows
--== Keep On Keepin' On ==--
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotportly&quot wrote:
&quotStuart Massey&quot wrote:
&quotwightyellow&quot wrote: Richard Branson
I saw him on the platform at Gerrards Cross as my train went through on the way to that little kick about in May at Wembley. He was dressed in Yellow and Blue (with a hammer of course) and had something (can't remember exactly) about Oxford written on his shirt ... perhaps he was off to a DressUpInYellowAndBlueWithABastardBigMallet convention ... or maybe he was off to follow Oxford ? Who knows
I thought Branson couldn't really be bothered with football, but if he made such a big effort (including borrowing Timmys Mallet) for this game maybe I'm wrong and he could help us buy the stadium?

Bit surprised a man of his millions was getting the train though, maybe the downturn is biting.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotJoeyBeauchamp&quot wrote:

Well said.
Yes - very well said.