Pre Match Questions

Anything yellow and blue
SheffieldBantam
Embryo

Pre Match Questions

Post by SheffieldBantam »

Hey, my names Mark and I am one of the contributors to the Vital Bradford site. I was just wondering if any of you guys could take a few minutes and would be willing to answer the usual bog standard type question from opposition fans for before the game.

A couple of sentences would be great for each answer just so theres a bit of an article to be made from it.

Here are the questions

Name:

After finally escaping from the conference, how does it feel to be back in the league?

Obviously your stay in the conference was longer than you would have liked, what did you learn from your time down there?

What would you consider to be a successful season this year?

Ex-Bantam Chris Wilder has recently signed a new contract, how happy have you been with his management?

Why will you beat Bradford City?

Why will you lose to Bradford City?

And finally, a score prediction?

First to do them (Sensibly) will be used. Thanks in advance for any one who helps.

Have a safe trip to West Yorkshire any of you who may be travelling this weekend.

Thanks
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Name: Mr. A.S. Ken. And you are?

Q. After finally escaping from the conference, how does it feel to be back in the league?

Still below our potential. How does it feel for you being a former Premier League team playing in Division IV?

Q. Obviously your stay in the conference was longer than you would have liked, what did you learn from your time down there?

Err, that it’s a bit of a novelty in Year One in terms of away games but a bit of a drag thereafter. It’s not an easy League to get out of and I note that Bradford are currently only four points above the relegation zone. But then you’re far too big a club to go off the Pools Coupon...

Q. What would you consider to be a successful season this year?

7th, then a game at The Emirates in the Final would do me.

Q. Ex-Bantam Chris Wilder has recently signed a new contract, how happy have you been with his management?

His record speaks for itself - http://www.rageonline.co.uk/mainpage.php?type=manager

Q. Why will you beat Bradford City?

Who said we would?

Q. Why will you lose to Bradford City?

I refer you to my previous answer.

Q. And finally, a score prediction?

I suggest you take a look at a thread that will develop over the next few days with the word “Hat
SheffieldBantam
Embryo

Thanks.

In reference to whether we make more money, certainly not on season tickets. Obviously we're getting bigger crowds, but as you alluded to that is due to cheap ST's.

I don't know how many season tickets you sold yourselves, but we sold roughly 10,000 at an average of about £130. So we rake in about £1,300,000 before the season. However, this is all swallowed up before a ball is kicked. The stadium rent and offices we rent come to £1,200,000.

I think it is inevitable that we create more income on matchdays, solely because of higher crowds. More food, more drink and more merchandise will be sold purely down to the higher numbers.

I dont know about your stadium situations etc, but I'd hazard a guess that over the season, we dont make that much more than you. I'd imagine the budgets the two managers have are actually quite similar.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Obviously we're getting bigger crowds
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Bit spikey Snake!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Bit spikey Snake!
Yeah, I thought that too - but that's Snakey. Nothing personal.

Sheffield Bantam - Is the Corn Dolly still a drinking stronhold for Bradford City &amp real ale fans?
boris
Grumpy old git

Re: Pre Match Questions

Post by boris »

&quotSheffieldBantam&quot wrote:Hey, my names Mark and I am one of the contributors to the Vital Bradford site. I was just wondering if any of you guys could take a few minutes and would be willing to answer the usual bog standard type question from opposition fans for before the game.

A couple of sentences would be great for each answer just so theres a bit of an article to be made from it.

Here are the questions

Name: boris

After finally escaping from the conference, how does it feel to be back in the league? Very nice, thanks

Obviously your stay in the conference was longer than you would have liked, what did you learn from your time down there? That humility is a virtue and that no matter what division they're in, Luton are still scum

What would you consider to be a successful season this year? Promotion has to be the target for 'success'. Anything else is merely okay (unless it's relegation, in which case it will be failure

Ex-Bantam Chris Wilder has recently signed a new contract, how happy have you been with his management? The boy's done good

Why will you beat Bradford City? Because we'll score more goals than them

Why will you lose to Bradford City? Because they'll score more goals than us

And finally, a score prediction? no thanks

First to do them (Sensibly) will be used. Thanks in advance for any one who helps. Sensibly? It's a question of interpretation, I guess

Have a safe trip to West Yorkshire any of you who may be travelling this weekend. Thanks, but unfortunately I can't make it as I have to do a coaching course. Shame, as I was looking forward to a decent curry

Thanks
SheffieldBantam
Embryo

Re:

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:Bit spikey Snake!
Yeah, I thought that too - but that's Snakey. Nothing personal.

Sheffield Bantam - Is the Corn Dolly still a drinking stronhold for Bradford City &amp real ale fans?
Aye, still going strong. I dont go in there myself but I know a few do and they are always singing its praises.
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Spikey is OK, rudeness, on the other hand, is not really necessary.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotJoeyBeauchamp&quot wrote:Spikey is OK, rudeness, on the other hand, is not really necessary.
Two spikeys and a rude is better than bland! (or nothing at all).

At an average of £130 for a season ticket and 10,000 sold I'd estimate that only around 70% of those people turn up to every game, so you can take 3,000 off the official gate each game I reckon if you want the real number of Bradford fans who turn up.
SheffieldBantam
Embryo

Re:

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotJoeyBeauchamp&quot wrote:Spikey is OK, rudeness, on the other hand, is not really necessary.
Two spikeys and a rude is better than bland! (or nothing at all).

At an average of £130 for a season ticket and 10,000 sold I'd estimate that only around 70% of those people turn up to every game, so you can take 3,000 off the official gate each game I reckon if you want the real number of Bradford fans who turn up.
Based on what? Im not arguing with you, a lot dont turn up, but where on earth do you pluck the figure 30% from? Been to VP much recently?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

[quote=&quotSheffieldBantam&quot
Aye, still going strong. I dont go in there myself but I know a few do and they are always singing its praises.[/quote]

Cheers
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Name:Slappy

After finally escaping from the conference, how does it feel to be back in the league?Not quite as good as it should do. I was expecting us to be comfortably top third, so far we're mid-table and losing too many games. The number of ex-conference teams means that League 2 isn't much of a difference in match-day experience. At least most clubs bring around 400 away to us, whereas there were several sub-100 away attendances in the Conference

Obviously your stay in the conference was longer than you would have liked, what did you learn from your time down there? Just because you have big crowds and are top of the league doesn't mean another squad won't turn you over

What would you consider to be a successful season this year?
top third, although at start of season I would have said play-offs

Ex-Bantam Chris Wilder has recently signed a new contract, how happy have you been with his management?
He is very dedicated and has found several good young cast-offs from League teams. A tendency for constant improvement has meant some 60 players have been on the books in under 2 years, and so I think that he is perhaps too willing to move people on

Why will you beat Bradford City?
Good strike force and midfield to supply the balls to them

Why will you lose to Bradford City?
Sometimes iffy defence and midfield can get caught unawares

And finally, a score prediction?
1-4
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotSheffieldBantam&quot wrote:I don't know how many season tickets you sold yourselves, but we sold roughly 10,000
If that's true, you get a staggeringly small number of pay-on-the-day punters each week. Only one or two hundred. About the same as the worst-supported Conference clubs. Surely that can't be true? Or do a lot of season tickets get 'shared'?

We sold just over 4,000 season tickets this year, I believe. So we've been getting about 3,000 walk-ups most games.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

How come it's so expensive for us away fans? £20!!
And it's only £130 for a ST!