West Ham eh?

Anything yellow and blue
Matthewjbutler
Brat

West Ham eh?

Post by Matthewjbutler »

Good stuff and I think we'll take a sizeable number. It's nice being back in the league isn't it?
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Will the game defo be on the Tues?

The wed would make it a whole lot easier for me to get back of holiday for this game!
bringiton
Baby

blast

Post by bringiton »

..missing this as I'm on me 'olidays.

For those of you who like a decent drop of real ale in a pwoppa east end boozer, I heartily recommend The Black Lion in Plaistow a great pub which welcomes away fans- takes about 10-15 mins to walk to the ground- however the queue at Upton Park station afterwards is hideous( depends how many turn up for this match, obviously) thus a walk to the black lion and quick pint then onto Plaistow tube is often quicker than going via Upton Park..

There's also a free car park if you get there early enough

http&#58//www&#46blacklionplaistow&#46co&#46uk/

cheers!
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

That will do for me. As I said yesterday on another thread &quotFor a good day out West Ham or Newcastle would be fun..&quot

Could this be another Everton or Charlton?
keyboard warrior
Baby

Re: West Ham eh?

Post by keyboard warrior »

&quotMatthewjbutler&quot wrote:Good stuff and I think we'll take a sizeable number. It's nice being back in the league isn't it?
Some clowns on the yellows forum think we'll take 4,000 - 5,000 to this game. 2,000 would be great.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Apparently there are some decent curry houses in Green Street too, although I might be tempted to go back to Chapel Market where there's an all-you-can-eat place at just £3 or so for some luvverly dahl, rice and chapattis.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Why the indecision about which day the match will be played?
Are we waiting to hear which games will be televised?
Does anyone know?

http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/News/0,,1034 ... 18,00.html
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Dartford Ox »

&quotRoo&quot wrote:Why the indecision about which day the match will be played?
Does anyone know?

Not only the TV broadcast but Millwall have been drawn at home against Middlesboro. I doubt the police would allow both matches to be played simultaneously - insufficient staff.

A lot of liaising to do.
Matthewjbutler
Brat

Re:

Post by Matthewjbutler »

&quotDartford Ox&quot wrote:
&quotRoo&quot wrote:Why the indecision about which day the match will be played?
Does anyone know?

Not only the TV broadcast but Millwall have been drawn at home against Middlesboro. I doubt the police would allow both matches to be played simultaneously - insufficient staff.

A lot of liaising to do.
I'm not quite sure if I want this to be on TV or not. I'm really keen to go but will be on holiday next week so will only have the very start of the following week in order to book off the appropriate leave. It would be useful if they could sort out the timings this week if at all possible but perhaps that is being overly optimistic...
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

&quotkeyboard warrior&quot wrote:
&quotMatthewjbutler&quot wrote:Good stuff and I think we'll take a sizeable number. It's nice being back in the league isn't it?
Some clowns on the yellows forum think we'll take 4,000 - 5,000 to this game. 2,000 would be great.
We took almost that to Burton. I'd expect well over 3000 but it may depend on how many tickets they give us.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Also, some of the teams from the prem (Fulham and Newcastle, I think) are playing their Prem game on the Sunday, ergo they will probably play their games on the Wed, I guess.

With West Ham taking on Man Utd on the Sat AFTER our game, I doubt they'll be keen to play on the Wed, but the wise words above regarding Millwall, may mean that they have no choice... could be an advantage for us if it is on the Wed and they decide to play a weaker team with an eye on the Man Utd game...

EDIT: Just seen that Middlesborough are due to play Sheff Utd on the Sunday before, so they won't be keen to play as quickly as the Tues. Thus, I suggest that the Millwall / Borough game will be on the Wed and we will be on the Tuesday. Boooo.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotkeyboard warrior&quot wrote:
We took almost that to Burton. I'd expect well over 3000 but it may depend on how many tickets they give us.
If we took 3,000 to Woking a couple of years back, how many more would we take to West Ham?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:If we took 3,000 to Woking a couple of years back, how many more would we take to West Ham?
Not necessarily more. It is MUCH easier to get to Woking on a bank holiday than it is to get to West Ham on a Tuesday night (pretty much regardless of where you're starting your journey from).

My only previous trip to Upton Park was a midweek game in 1990, and even the London Road Club buses were late. We played them off the park, but lost 2-0. Simmo missed a pen, and it was Jim Magilton's debut, if memory serves...
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:If we took 3,000 to Woking a couple of years back, how many more would we take to West Ham?
Not necessarily more. It is MUCH easier to get to Woking on a bank holiday than it is to get to West Ham on a Tuesday night (pretty much regardless of where you're starting your journey from).

My only previous trip to Upton Park was a midweek game in 1990, and even the London Road Club buses were late. We played them off the park, but lost 2-0. Simmo missed a pen, and it was Jim Magilton's debut, if memory serves...
My only previous trip to West Ham was back in Nov 86 when we were holders and got knocked out 1-0. We were the better team that day as well.
Last edited by Yankee Clipper on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

My only previous trip to Upton Park was to see us play Charlton Athletic, who were squatting between moving from Selhurst Park to the Valley. This makes Charlton one of just two (I think) teams who I've seen play home games at three different grounds.