Potters Bar?

Anything yellow and blue
wightyellow
Puberty

Potters Bar?

Post by wightyellow »

Just read the OM, released on bail?

Am I making it up or did the press yesterday say that he was released without charge?

Monday night clubbing?! Odd.
Last edited by wightyellow on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

No the story said he was released on bail until October, but the club said they were confident he had nothing to do with it. Hope that doesn't end up being contempt of court in a trial. Hope there's no trial for that matter.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

What concerns me is why players are getting themselves into a position of even being associated with such trouble.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

The official statement on the club website has been updated (they have even put an asterisk next to the update) to say he was released on bail without charge.

The initial statement missed out the 'on bail' bit.

Is that 'rather inaccurate'?!? :wink:
nerps
Baby

Post by nerps »

Shouldn't worry too much, inside info suggests he is about to be transferred to one of the Sheffield clubs. Might be Sheff Wednesday but he seems more interested in the blades !!
ConcreteBob
Baby

Re: Potters Barr?

Post by ConcreteBob »

&quotwightyellow&quot wrote:
Monday night clubbing?! Odd.
Student night?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

I'm no expert, having not been arrested in a while (unlike the saintly GY I still remember being young and accidentally ending up in the wrong place at the wrong time)

But don't you have to be charged in order to be released on bail? Otherwise, it's just released.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:But don't you have to be charged in order to be released on bail? Otherwise, it's just released.
No - you can be released on bail pending further enquiries before a decision is taken on charge. Technically, this means that the suspect is still under arrest and they are bailed to return to the police station on a given date.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotnerps&quot wrote:Shouldn't worry too much, inside info suggests he is about to be transferred to one of the Sheffield clubs. Might be Sheff Wednesday but he seems more interested in the blades !!
Really? Wierd. He's only just signed for us.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotnerps&quot wrote:Shouldn't worry too much, inside info suggests he is about to be transferred to one of the Sheffield clubs. Might be Sheff Wednesday but he seems more interested in the blades !!
Really? Wierd. He's only just signed for us.
Cripes Baboo keep up at the back there.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:I'm no expert, having not been arrested in a while (unlike the saintly GY I still remember being young and accidentally ending up in the wrong place at the wrong time)

But don't you have to be charged in order to be released on bail? Otherwise, it's just released.
Presumably we can infer from that, that you've been arrested previously.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:I'm no expert, having not been arrested in a while (unlike the saintly GY I still remember being young and accidentally ending up in the wrong place at the wrong time)

Yes, but luckily the justice system still works on the &quotinnocent until proven guilty&quot principle, even if the meedja and the intertron can't be bothered to.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:

Yes, but luckily the justice system still works on the &quotinnocent until proven guilty&quot principle, even if the meedja and the intertron can't be bothered to.
I've only been arrested once and that was for about 5 seconds over 30 years ago. An over enthusiastic young copper arrested me on &quotsuspicion of criminal damage&quot and then his sergeant immediately told him not to be so stupid and un-arrested me.

Not only was I innocent but no crime had been committed.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

So what were you arrested for?
wightyellow
Puberty

Re:

Post by wightyellow »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: Presumably we can infer from that, that you've been arrested previously.
So what were you arrested for?

I am hooked on this thread, its like watching Columbo...
It's not the despair....it's the hope....