Burton tickets

Anything yellow and blue
Tabbernackle
Brat

Burton tickets

Post by Tabbernackle »

It's just 2 weeks to go now , we'll all want to go wont we? But we can't obviously. any-one know what the cappacity of the away end is, and when tickets will be available?
caribbeanyellow
Embryo

Post by caribbeanyellow »

1200 I think. Probably all ticket, going on sale in the next couple of days.
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Post by Yankee Clipper »

Starting to get a bit nervous about this, especially living away from Oxford and needing the tickets to be posted.

Has anyone heard any solid news about this?
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Post by Yankee Clipper »

Slow work day so have just phoned Burton, the game is not all ticket. However it basically is for Oxford fans as the club has 1200 tickets and none will be available on the day in the away end (unless returns - so none available) Should be fun, if we travel in the numbers I think we will.

Madness not making the game All ticket

Spoke with our ticket office and they go on sale tomorrow.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Assuming they don't want to have huge queues outside the ticket office tonight before the game as that will affect people who want to see Man United, or after as it will be getting late, it seems unlikely they will be on sale today.

So it looks like it will be on the 'phone to the ticket office when they do go on sale, with the £1 booking fee and 50p postage fee. I've a feeling that the new on-line ticketing system wasn't in use for the all ticket away games at the end of last season, so presumably half an hour on hold as usual.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

I'm guessing there will be preferential treatment for ST holders? I'm a bit concerned because it will be the only fixture I can get to this season (I will be in South America for the rest of the time).
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quottomoufc&quot wrote:I'm guessing there will be preferential treatment for ST holders? I'm a bit concerned because it will be the only fixture I can get to this season (I will be in South America for the rest of the time).

They go on sale to season ticket holders only in the morning. They have not yet decided when they go on general sale. Guess that depends on how many are left
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

The on line booking of tickets- can this be done for away matches as well ?
bspittles
Brat

Post by bspittles »

The game against Burton a couple of seasons ago was a nightmare for home fans. They needed a win to gain promotion and we were still in with a chance of the play-offs.

Burton insisted it was not going to be all ticket whereas Oxford were equally adamant that it was! I spoke at least half a dozen times to both clubs before they decided to speak to each other!

In the end, I got a seat ticket marked &quotSeat 1 Row A Block 1&quot, which was nice :-) Quite a few hundred home fans were denied entry, with many more not getting in until well into the first half.

Sounds like lessons haven't been learnt!
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by tomoufc »

&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote:
&quottomoufc&quot wrote:I'm guessing there will be preferential treatment for ST holders? I'm a bit concerned because it will be the only fixture I can get to this season (I will be in South America for the rest of the time).

They go on sale to season ticket holders only in the morning. They have not yet decided when they go on general sale. Guess that depends on how many are left
How did you find this out? Nothing on the official website.
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quottomoufc&quot wrote:
&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote:

How did you find this out? Nothing on the official website.
I phoned the ticket office yesterday and am now sat with the phone ringing out waiting to be answered for the last 20 mins!!
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Post by Yankee Clipper »

Sorted - Terace Ticket Booked!! They are currently on sale to Season Ticket Holders only
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Yup ticket got.
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Post by The OXman Cometh »

Why can't they be bought online?
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotThe OXman Cometh&quot wrote:Why can't they be bought online?

Probably because it is season ticket holders only at the moment and they don't have the facility to differentiate on line