New kit opinion

Anything yellow and blue
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:I know you're an optimist Sackcloth but not even you can expect to build the fourth stand in time for the new season!
It's not that. Funnily enough.
In Goon Show style, they're going to erect a massive photo of a full stand of (used to be) Yellows fans.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: saves money....

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:Oxvox are going for something else to enhance the spectators experience. If all goes well should be in place for the start of the season.
Subject to stadco agreement, club are happy with what we have proposed. Stadco seem to be having trouble in making a decision.
All sounds very mysterious. Is this not something OxVox members should be aware of? Or have I just not been reading my emails properly?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:I like the new kit. That is all.
The new kit is the only thing you like? Fussy or what?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotDLT&quot wrote:I can only believe that it was designed to accomodate the sponsors logo.

At least it isn't as bad as the the Carlisle 'stobbart' deckchair kit.

But it is still bad.
It wasn't designed for us, it's an off the shelf Nike product called Nike Flash which has a limited range of colours of which the club chose the closest approximation to yellow and blue.

The club could find that shirt sales may be down this year when people realise that instead of paying £40 for the sponsored up version of the shirt you can get exactly the same product without lettering or the club crest for less than half that price on t'internet.
How long before someone comes up with an iron on club logo for £2. Or better still the old logo. There's money to be made...if only the kit were nice enough to be worth buying.
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Re:

Post by The OXman Cometh »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotThe OXman Cometh&quot wrote:Sorry I hate it, reminds me of the one we had in the 70's and we were rubbish then.
yes, and we've been brilliant for the past decade and a bit wearing yellow...
Fair enough that's a good point, i will concede that one, and if my memory serves me ok, I think we had more yellow in the 70's version so I will help to blow that argument even further out of the water.

I just dont think this new kit is representative of 'Oxford United'.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: saves money....

Post by Snake »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotwightyellow&quot wrote:....on getting yellow seats for the ground....
dont like the seats, dont like the kit. im grumpy about it. :cry:
Just out of interest, how much would it cost to replace maybe a couple of hundred blue seats in the North Stand with yellow ones to spell out the word ‘OUFC’?

Clearly, that’s not a bill that Uncle Firoz is obliged to foot, but is it something the 12th Man Committee would consider?

Happy for it to be shot down as yet another one of my crap ideas, but it’s no worse than funds being spent on Jamie Cook.
Oxvox are going for something else to enhance the spectators experience. If all goes well should be in place for the start of the season.
Subject to stadco agreement, club are happy with what we have proposed. Stadco seem to be having trouble in making a decision.
You're just such a tease at times.

So, we'll just have to guess I suppose

A giant mural of Trevor at the fence end?
A proper sized OxVox flag?
A viewing area for cats, like the disabled sections?
Mark Sennett
Brat

Post by Mark Sennett »

I like the idea of a viewing area for cats!!!
Please sponsor the OxVox Walk to Wycombe to raise funds for Helen &amp Douglas House and the Oxford United Youth &amp Community Trust. You can donate online at www.justgiving.com/oxvox
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

http://www.ccmariners.com.au/default.as ... pphotoid=2

Similar kit, with socks and shorts with yellow trim.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

From today's local rag - &quot'Trevor Lambert, chairman of the OxVox supporters’ trust, said: “I think people must make up their own minds when they see the strip. I don’t mind what colour the kit is, though, as long as we win games.'&quot

Mmmmm, like red?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Edit, and my apologies to Trev as he'd already responded online to what the OM quoted. On top of that they even went and misquoted him in their editorial today.

Anyway, here is his response - http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/825560 ... mmentsList

I have some sympathy with Trev as quite recently I emailed Andrew Ffrench about how wrong Newsquest were about an article he wrote regarding how open the local council were about restaurant standards (&quotScores on the Doors&quot) but my response never got printed in the Oxford Mail weekly correction article, and that's fine by me other than being a slight irritation and a realisation about how much influence Andy still held at Osney Mead. Ditto for Thom.

The Oxford Mail play in black and white (with a touch of colour being a recent new technology) at 40p a go but a significant percentage of their readership prefer yellow and blue.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Annoyed about the kit, seems to be we've changed it for the sponsors both front and back. Might be ok if back was yellow, but it's not.

I'm not going to buy one and will continue to wear the promotion winning yellow kit next year so there.
headless_pnub
Brat

Re:

Post by headless_pnub »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:Annoyed about the kit, seems to be we've changed it for the sponsors both front and back. Might be ok if back was yellow, but it's not.

I'm not going to buy one and will continue to wear the promotion winning yellow kit next year so there.
Bridal and Polythene have both had to alter their logos to get them to work on the new shirts and it's also causing problems with other shirts sponsors having to change their logos to fit in the centre stripe (Centre of Excellence etc). So I doubt this is the case.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

As much as I dislike the kit, I very much doubt it has anything to do with sponsors.

It's a stock kit, nothing to do with us. I think the club were offered a few Nike standards and this was the best they could come up with.

Sponsors aren't stupid, they would know that a major change in colour may cause distress to fans and also potentially lower sales of the kit, which is a small part of why you would associate yourself with a club.

To me Kelvin needs to draw a line under this and this is what I would do If I was in his shoes.

1 - Announce we are still called the &quotyellows&quot (the club often calls itself this on the website and program)
2 - Try and change the shorts and socks. Neither have been on sale yet, so no unhappy fans.
3 - Promise to involve the fans somehow next kit choice (even if in a very minor way)
4 - Get Stadco to do something that makes the Kassam feel a little bit more like our home ground.
5 - Fill the club shop with yellow training tops associated gubbins.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:As much as I dislike the kit, I very much doubt it has anything to do with sponsors.

It's a stock kit, nothing to do with us. I think the club were offered a few Nike standards and this was the best they could come up with.

Sponsors aren't stupid, they would know that a major change in colour may cause distress to fans and also potentially lower sales of the kit, which is a small part of why you would associate yourself with a club.

To me Kelvin needs to draw a line under this and this is what I would do If I was in his shoes.

1 - Announce we are still called the &quotyellows&quot (the club often calls itself this on the website and program)
2 - Try and change the shorts and socks. Neither have been on sale yet, so no unhappy fans.
3 - Promise to involve the fans somehow next kit choice (even if in a very minor way)
4 - Get Stadco to do something that makes the Kassam feel a little bit more like our home ground.
5 - Fill the club shop with yellow training tops associated gubbins.
All good ideas, but you shouldn't assume that Kelvin reads this forum so it might be just as well to suggest these to him in person via email (or face to face at the fans forum, although that might be too late re the shorts/socks thing - personally I'd keep the blue shorts but change the socks).

As for No 4 OxVox are on the case, but StadCo is currently the sticking point. I'm sure negotiations are ongoing.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:It's a stock kit, nothing to do with us. I think the club were offered a few Nike standards and this was the best they could come up with.
Do you mean that the club are no longer able to decide what the kit should look like? They have to choose from a limited selection and be done with it?

If this is the case, how come every other football club strip hasn't changed? And why don't we use a shirt manufacturer who will produce a shirt to our requirements?

I'd be genuinely shocked if a football club the size of ours was constrained to the extent you suggest.