Senile

Bored of the close season already

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I want the new season to start asap.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re: Bored of the close season already

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I want the new season to start asap.
Is that because you can't wait to have a pop at Jake Wright :x
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:
Is that because you can't wait to have a pop at Jake Wright :x
Shh! Don't wake him up again!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

It's not the close season yet.

If you want to keep yourself occupied then try looking on the net for options to extend your season in South Africa.

I know I am, but crime, the cold weather and the current prices are a bit of a challenge..
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Are we there yet?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
It's not the close season yet.

If you want to keep yourself occupied then try looking on the net for options to extend your season in South Africa.

I know I am, but crime, the cold weather and the current prices are a bit of a challenge..
Try Capetown where crime isn't too much of a problem if you stay close to the expensive parts of town. Of course that doesn't help on the current prices front and it can get bloody cold.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Try staying at home and watching it on TV. That way you still get to see all the action and can hit the mute button when the noise of the vuvuzelas gets too much.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Try staying at home and watching it on TV. That way you still get to see all the action and can hit the mute button when the noise of the vuvuzelas gets too much.
I bought back a vuvuzela earlier this year and gave it to my sister in law's little boy :twisted:
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Actually, I suspect this is the best that next season will look.....

...at the moment we are all full of excitement and expectation about escaping the conference and being back in the Football League etc etc, but once autumn is here, I imagine the reality of the equally awful footballing outposts that we'll have to visit will have hit home....

...is Barnet, ACcrington, CRewe, Macclesfield, Southend, Wycombe and Morecambe any great improvement on BArrow, Altrincham, Crawley, Histon, Grays, Hayes &amp Wrexham?
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Is there a close season?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:Actually, I suspect this is the best that next season will look.....

...at the moment we are all full of excitement and expectation about escaping the conference and being back in the Football League etc etc, but once autumn is here, I imagine the reality of the equally awful footballing outposts that we'll have to visit will have hit home....

...is Barnet, ACcrington, CRewe, Macclesfield, Southend, Wycombe and Morecambe any great improvement on BArrow, Altrincham, Crawley, Histon, Grays, Hayes &amp Wrexham?
It isn't just about where you go it's also about why you're going there. For example I wouldn't mind playing Blackpool, Wigan and Stoke home and away in the league next season.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotMooro&quot wrote:Actually, I suspect this is the best that next season will look.....

It isn't just about where you go it's also about why you're going there. For example I wouldn't mind playing Blackpool, Wigan and Stoke home and away in the league next season.
Although the new list has hardly the most exciting of destinations, hopefully we will see a higher number of opposition fans on average (both home and away), which should make for a better atmosphere and better for income too.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Does this help ...?

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news/news_20100526_1.php
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Try staying at home and watching it on TV.
OK as long as nothing goes wrong with this

http&#58//news&#46bbc&#46co&#46uk/1/hi/ ... 322&#46stm
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMooro&quot wrote: ...is Barnet, ACcrington, CRewe, Macclesfield, Southend, Wycombe and Morecambe any great improvement on BArrow, Altrincham, Crawley, Histon, Grays, Hayes &amp Wrexham?
Yes.
They're all in league two.
Except for Wrexham they're tiny clubs.
Southend, Wycombe and Crewe are much bigger than the likes of Hayes &amp Grays.
As for the beer, of those you mention we've lost excellent pubs. Alty - Old Market Tavern &amp Histon - Red Lion.
Morecambe will be a new ground and doesn't everyone just want to go to Accrington.
And don't forget until fairly recently Crewe had a reputation for playing the right way that was much admired throughout football.