GETTEST THOU IN!

Anything yellow and blue
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Massive credit to Wilder for having the sense to order LSD to stay upfield for their corner.

Otherwise, no words are enough, so I won't bother. Just my face literally looks like this: :D
Stuart Massey
Baby

Post by Stuart Massey »

:D Damn it feels good.

Thing about the day trippers, and the families with kids who don't know the names of the players is that they are revenue. They are the future of the club. Days like yesterday will bond them to the club forever and that is vital.

I've been on at colleagues of mine for years telling them to start bringing their (usually Liverpool supporting) kids along to the Kassam but the boys weren't interested. They all went to Wembley yesterday and now they are gonna be going to &quotall the home matches next season&quot. That is amazing. That is what the club needs and will help give the Kassam the soul that The Manor used to have.

Yeeeeeeeeellows!
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quottheox&quot wrote:As a slight side issue, did anyone else think that a half-full Wembley creates an odd atmosphere (possibly also not helped by the amount of day-trippers)?

Would it not be better to hold the game at somewhere like Villa Park? Its a more central location and holds almost precisely the right amount of fans.
No.

Winning at Wembley even when it's half full is special. The place is
magnificent, breath taking even - the Venue of Legends it really is.

It was great to see gobsmacked Oxford fans especially the young kids gazing around in awe at the architecture and sheer size of the stadium.

Villa Park, Stamford Bridge or Stadium of Manchester ? No thanks.

Yesterday was perfect in every way and it will live long in the memory.
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

I loved yesterday. As I come out of a champagne haze this morning, reflecting, reading and listening to all, I feel very emotional and tearful.

Moments like this are so very, very special.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

I well up everytime I think of how I felt when Potter scored. My colleagues probably think I've lost it. Perhaps, for the next few days, they're right!!! :D
x586
Brat

Post by x586 »

Agree with the other posters. Pretty good advertisement for the club yesterday to all those who 'came out of the woodwork' for this match, and demonstrating the level of support the club has/can attract. I think the 8-year old Oxford-supporting lad sitting next to me (with obviously non-Oxford supporting father) probably had a day out he'll never forget.

As did I - the whole thing - pre-match beers in Rickmansworth, the tube to Wembley, the vast numbers of yellow shirts on Wembley Way, the view from Tier 5, the half-remembered faces of people who stood on the London Road on the concourse pre-match, the third goal, and the drive home.....

This morning, I've been remembering back to the weekend we got relegated to the Conference, and the brave pronouncements to my mates that we'd be back. Today feels so good, and nobody else at work can really understand why ....
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Am currently in negotiations with the missus about calling our soon to be born child Alfie. Not sure if its a boy or girl yet...........
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quottheox&quot wrote:Am currently in negotiations with the missus about calling our soon to be born child Alfie. Not sure if its a boy or girl yet...........
I think you should name him/her: Ryan Damian Mark Jake Anthony Dannie Adam (Rhys) Simon Matt (Alfie) James Jack (Sam) Chris Kelvin.
yellowportly
Brat

Post by yellowportly »

All the above for a boy (plus Mickey Andy Peter)

or

Rosie

if it's a girl

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSS!
--== Keep On Keepin' On ==--
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

The game - Exciting, Draining.
The goals - Clinical, Skilful.
The players - Professional, Unified.
The fans - Loud, Yellow.
The day - Perfect!
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Bloke in front of me didn't like me waving the Swiss Flag. Complained about our shouting as it gave him a headache.

He'd never ever been to an Oxford game before...
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:Complained about our shouting as it gave him a headache.
That is hilarious. Was he expecting Wembley to be like a monastery? You don't get a volume knob (remote) at live games.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:Complained about our shouting as it gave him a headache.
That is hilarious. Was he expecting Wembley to be like a monastery? You don't get a volume knob (remote) at live games.
Sounds to me like he was an utter volume knob.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:Bloke in front of me didn't like me waving the Swiss Flag. Complained about our shouting as it gave him a headache.

He'd never ever been to an Oxford game before...
I have a picture of your flag (and a blurred you holding it) taken from the club Wembley tier at the other side. I'll try and get it posted on facebook later.
Stuart Massey
Baby

Re:

Post by Stuart Massey »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
:shock: What a loser.