Ban all Luton fans from football forever

Post by tomoufc »

Those that arn't BNP thugs are just plain tossers:

Apologies for the fact that this is from the Sun website:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... k-win.html
Andrewmaha
Brat

Post by Andrewmaha »

I'm sure that the knuckleheads and Conference HQ won't find much wrong with that.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I'm not so sure. It seems to be getting a lot of press.

I bumped into a really lovely fella this evening when out in London for my celebratory curry. He runs the Sport Bar at Marylebone Station and invited it to be the official oxford supporters pub before / after the match at Wembley.
Anyway, he was saying that he and other pub managers at Marylebone and Baker St have regular meetings as part of PubWatch with the Police, regarding upcoming matches at Wembley. Apparently the police said that they really didn't want Luton to get through as their fans are such trouble...
Foghorn
Toddler

Post by Foghorn »

I feel gutted for the proper Luton fans.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotFoghorn&quot wrote:I feel gutted for the proper Luton fans.
Agree - the vast majority of Luton fans are decent people I would have thought.

The Luton &quotsupport&quot seems to have been infiltrated by a bunch of far right thugs helbent on causing trouble.

Many people say that the English Defence League (EDL) main protagonists
are Luton followers.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I agree. But given the number of recent incidents, the question as to whether Luton Town FC have done enough to get rid of the scum element has to be raised.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
I agree. But given the number of recent incidents, the question as to whether Luton Town FC have done enough to get rid of the scum element has to be raised.
Seconded. The fact that Luton seem to have a disproportionate amount of thugs would suggest that the club haven't got a grip of this. Apparently, they had a spokesman on TalkSport this morning who claimed that there have been no incidents at their away games this season!!
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Re:

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
Seconded. The fact that Luton seem to have a disproportionate amount of thugs would suggest that the club haven't got a grip of this. Apparently, they had a spokesman on TalkSport this morning who claimed that there have been no incidents at their away games this season!!
Must've imagined all the problems in the car park after our match then!

Slightly off topic, but fair play to the Rushden fans yesterday. They were a credit to their club.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotJohn Byrne's Underpants&quot wrote:
&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: I agree. But given the number of recent incidents, the question as to whether Luton Town FC have done enough to get rid of the scum element has to be raised.
Must've imagined all the problems in the car park after our match then!

Slightly off topic, but fair play to the Rushden fans yesterday. They were a credit to their club.
Agreed. Apparently the last R&ampD fan to leave the stand was in tears. Bless 'im.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

The fact that the club tried to play down the behaviour of these people when they were fighting amongst themselves and with police and stewards inside the ground when we visited speaks volumes.
I too feel very sorry for genuine Luton fans. But this lot were a significant minority.
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

If you go to this http://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutlaws/ forum you appreciate that amazingly many luton fans are several steps below the inbreds from wiltshire on the evolutionary scale.
Mr 5Co
Embryo

Post by Mr 5Co »

I know that we are currently busy gloating but we must have a thought for the vast majority of Hatters fans because we know what it is like to be where they are today – with no hope until next year!

I can only describe the Sky Sports News coverage of York players being attacked in the away stand as unacceptable.

Given all that Luton have been through during the last four years I was initially cautious about what punishment needed to be handed out by the FA. Then I heard their MD attempt to talk down what millions of people had just witnessed on national TV saying ‘but no one got hurt’.

So for future reference, if in doubt, next time there is a riot / major disorder and fans chase players into the stands fear not because this doesn’t necessarily mean that anyone got hurt.

It was only a miracle that no one got badly injured so I hope and trust that Luton are deducted yet more points and or made to close half their ground for next season.

Hopefully, this would give their MD time to consider his responsibilities to the true supporter.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

well, our fans can hardly claim to always be angels, but i thought yesterday showed both Us and diamonds' fans in a good light, and provided a real contrast to what went on at kenilworth rd.

how nice to see some diamonds fans stay behind to applaud our team's performance. and walking out of the east stand, it was heart-warming to see oxford supporters applauding the departing away coaches, rather than taunting them.
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Isaac »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:well, our fans can hardly claim to always be angels, but i thought yesterday showed both Us and diamonds' fans in a good light, and provided a real contrast to what went on at kenilworth rd.

how nice to see some diamonds fans stay behind to applaud our team's performance. and walking out of the east stand, it was heart-warming to see oxford supporters applauding the departing away coaches, rather than taunting them.
Magnanimous in victory is much easier than in defeat.

I dunno, can't help but think we probably shouldn't be too judgemental, given what often happens in our big games at the Kassam.

I saw a few of our more idiotic fans run over to the rushden fans from the north stand when given the chance. Thankfully we didn't get to find out but another semi final defeat yesterday and I suspect we'd have had a few problems of our own today, to think this is just a luton problem is naive and possibly a bit dangerous, if you ask me.
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotIsaac&quot wrote:
&quotMatt D&quot wrote:well, our fans can hardly claim to always be angels, but i thought yesterday showed both Us and diamonds' fans in a good light, and provided a real contrast to what went on at kenilworth rd.

Magnanimous in victory is much easier than in defeat.

I dunno, can't help but think we probably shouldn't be too judgemental, given what often happens in our big games at the Kassam.

I saw a few of our more idiotic fans run over to the rushden fans from the north stand when given the chance. Thankfully we didn't get to find out but another semi final defeat yesterday and I suspect we'd have had a few problems of our own today, to think this is just a luton problem is naive and possibly a bit dangerous, if you ask me.
Agree, remember Northwich!