How come?

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

How come?

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I see Grays have been penalised a total of 2 points for multiple ineligible player breaches.

http&#58//www&#46footballconference&#46 ... d_&#46html

Remind me how many points we were penalised for a single lesser breach?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Because they never gained more than 2 points from the games when they &quotdid a Mick Brown&quot?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

They actually gained three points from the games in question (3 draws). Maybe it's to do with the fact that as they're already relegated there's little point in docking them further points because it's not going to make any difference anyway (which is probably also the reason why Grays withdrew their appeal).
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

It's farcical.

Since Oxford United got pulled up for a lesser offence, we have had Histon breach the rules, fielding an ineligible player (not International Clearance) and they got fined £500.

Grays breach the rules five times, they get a 2 point deduction. Didn't they actually get three points? A draw against Crawley, a draw against Gateshead and a draw against Barrow. They got beat by Wrexham 2-1 in the other match.

It's a joke. I hope Grays get their 317 fans to take a petition to Conference HQ :lol:
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

It's a Grey area of the rules.... boom boom!
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

It occurs to me that this could be sorted out if the FA was able to fine club directors/owners directly. I'm sure that's legally impossible, but it would be nice. Punishing the players and fans for an entirely administrative offence is just wrong, whether it's Greys or us.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotboris&quot wrote:They actually gained three points from the games in question (3 draws). Maybe it's to do with the fact that as they're already relegated there's little point in docking them further points because it's not going to make any difference anyway (which is probably also the reason why Grays withdrew their appeal).
In the 0-0 draw against Gateshead, Cutler was a sub who came on after 87 minutes. There is discretion as to whether to deduct points for substitutes, so presumably the Conference exercised their discretion here. So although there were 4 games affected with the players involved, of which they drew three and lost 1, one of the draws was able to be discounted as the player only came on as a sub.

I thought the procedures and systems had been tightened up to avoid this ever happening again? Reg Numbers on team sheets etc? or is that just us?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

This again shows the incompetence of Brian Lee and his cohorts.

Effectively the message they are sending out with this is, field as many inelligible players as you like, and provided you don't gain points as a result, we won't do anything about it.

I'm still very sore about the treatment we got for this.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:This again shows the incompetence of Brian Lee and his cohorts.

Effectively the message they are sending out with this is, field as many inelligible players as you like, and provided you don't gain points as a result, we won't do anything about it.

I'm still very sore about the treatment we got for this.
Yes, and why don't the use the logic that since this ineligible player was shite, causing the team to lose, the opponents should be docked the three points they &quotillegally&quot gained.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

Nice one Slappy for clarifying that Cutler was an introduced sub. Oxford were treated in the same way, regarding Hutch, points not deducted when he came on as a sub, although when Hutch came on at home to Eastbourne, I think he scored :lol:

Your last question is very interesting. The information on the revised team sheets were supposed to be fool proof, by entering a specific registration number against each player.

That is the main worry, it has happened again. Will it happen to Oxford again or anyother BSP club?