York Dropped points

Anything yellow and blue
Baboo
Grumpy old git

York Dropped points

Post by Baboo »

Bet they were expecting to come away with all three from Histon.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

I did a dance. A happy dance.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Seems like Brodie was missing on the first of a 2 game suspension. Hopefully Kettering will take some points off them on Saturday as well. That amazing run of York had me worried that they would just keep getting 3 points each game until the end of the season.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Still a long way to go this season. To guarantee at least a playoff place with the current table, we need to win 15-16 of the remaining 20 games. It's odd, because there are more teams than usual fighting it out - and winning consistently.

We definitely need to step up a gear over recent performances if we're not going to suffer another heartbreaking season, in my opinion.

Might be a bit different after the weekend. Luton have the hell-trip to Barrow, York and Kettering play each other and Stevenage are away to Tamworth, which has a faint sniff of being a draw. On the other hand, I can't see Mansfield, Wimbledon or Rushden losing against three of the four bottom teams. A win for us is a must though.
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

100|| points for the playoffs?? I don't think so. 90|| would be plenty.

Not that I'd be happy with the playoffs obviously.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Just talking about the basic maths calculation - not taking into account the effect of our wins naturally involving our opponents dropping points.

It just seems to be a particularly strong year this season.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Excellent.

Wilder has played it just right by bringing 1st team players into the squad for what is going to be a very hectic couple of months. We will inevitably get injuries, tired players and suspensions but so will Stevenage and York. I believe we will be in a much better position to cope with this.

Having said that we will still need a bit of luck that a handful of key players don't get injured. Call me superstitious but I refuse to name them.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

Well I know it's an old cliche but as long as we keep winning our games we haven't got to worry about the likes of Stevenage or York. Having said that, it's a handy result for us as we're likely to drop more points this season.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotJohn Byrne's Underpants&quot wrote:we're likely to drop more points this season.
Just likely - not certainly? Pretty optimistic there JBU.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:Just talking about the basic maths calculation - not taking into account the effect of our wins naturally involving our opponents dropping points.
And to state the obvious York / Stevenage etc playing each other.
24/04/10 - Last day of the League season (ignoring play-offs) Stevenage v York.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Re:

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotJohn Byrne's Underpants&quot wrote:we're likely to drop more points this season.
Just likely - not certainly? Pretty optimistic there JBU.
Hey, I'm a glass half full type of person :)