Boxing day - 2. (TRANSFERRED FROM THE DARK SIDE ...TIU)

Anything yellow and blue
nerps
Baby

Boxing day - 2. (TRANSFERRED FROM THE DARK SIDE ...TIU)

Post by nerps »

The Boxing Day fiasco hurt everyone. It hit the club financially, it hurt the fans who turned up and I believe it had an effect on the 'feelgood confidence' of the players.
However this is totally reversable nobody had control of the circumstances that led to our 'temporary loss' but now we (the fans) do. As I just said it is/was 'temporary' - the points are still up for grabs we are already back on a winning run and the fans can make up the 'loss' by turning up for our own 'Boxing Day 2' !!
Unfortunately the game has been re-arranged for a Tuesday so that is unworkable, however the opposition is not important so let's make 13th February V Histon Oxford United's very own Boxing Day !!
We weren't expecting great numbers of away fans anyway so it is totally down to US to make this work re-purchase the tickets you bought for the postponed game, bring the same friends/family members you intended bringing and add those who couldn't have made it anyway.
We all 'boasted' that we would be getting a 10000|| gate then, so what is there to stop us now? Dig out the father Christmas hats, play Christmas music, whatever !! Let's right this wrong and make it the bumper gate we were due.
We have two weeks to fix this, including a home game for the club to do its bit, so is anyone else up for pushing this idea?
Depending on response here I will contact the OM and radio Oxford, so please offer up your opinions to either get the idea going or not.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

I'm up for this as long as everybody agrees to turn up in the ridiculous christmas jumpers that their mother-in-law/granny/wife bought them. Half the fun of the boxing day fixture is spotting these seasonal fashion disasters.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Damn n blast Swiss contingent will miss this :-(
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: Boxing day - 2. (TRANSFERRED FROM THE DARK SIDE ...TIU)

Post by Snake »

&quotnerps&quot wrote:The Boxing Day fiasco hurt everyone. It hit the club financially, it hurt the fans who turned up and I believe it had an effect on the 'feelgood confidence' of the players.
It also hurt the people who sell the pies, and we still have enough fare in the freezer to feed 3,000 people left over from Boxing Day as we’ve only had a combined total of 7,000 fans attending the two home games since then, so the food inside the Stadium when we play Kiddy on Saturday won’t be as good as the grub at their place!

You say “fiasco
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I 'kin hate Christmas.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

&quotthat shows what kind of real financial support we have for Oxfordshire’s only fully professional sports team&quot

You seem to have forgotten Jon Murray and his colleagues!
nerps
Baby

Post by nerps »

Thank you Mr Snake for your comments. I am pleased to note we seem to be on the same mental plain !!
I will persevere with my 1 in a hundred ideas because according to unbiased reports my last one added approx 2000 to the gate. That was about two years ago so I am due another success pretty soon.
Anything over 5300 for the Histon game I will be claiming as a victory, following which I will start my plans for 2013 (mayans permitting !!).
Ref the pies, maybe they will be selling them off cheaply, worth thinking about if only to feed the cat !!
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotHog&quot wrote:&quotthat shows what kind of real financial support we have for Oxfordshire’s only fully professional sports team&quot

You seem to have forgotten Jon Murray and his colleagues!
What about Formula One....? Don't we have a bunch of those in the county...?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/oxford/content/art ... ture.shtml

&quot...we live in an area truly at the forefront of world Motorsport.&quot

thus I would ascertain the above claim as utter bollox.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotnerps&quot wrote:Thank you Mr Snake for your comments. I am pleased to note we seem to be on the same mental plain !!
I will persevere with my 1 in a hundred ideas because according to unbiased reports my last one added approx 2000 to the gate. That was about two years ago so I am due another success pretty soon.
Anything over 5300 for the Histon game I will be claiming as a victory, following which I will start my plans for 2013 (mayans permitting !!).
Ref the pies, maybe they will be selling them off cheaply, worth thinking about if only to feed the cat !!
Anything over 5300 for the Histon game I will be claiming as a victory
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

One success in two years, Snake. It ain't productive :lol:
nerps
Baby

Post by nerps »

I was going to stay on the committee Snake but Trevor thought if they gave me the push it would leave a vacancy for YOU to fill. Not a lot of hope for that though is there - it's always easier to be a sniper than a target !!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotnerps&quot wrote:I was going to stay on the committee Snake but Trevor thought if they gave me the push it would leave a vacancy for YOU to fill. Not a lot of hope for that though is there - it's always easier to be a sniper than a target !!
Not a chance I’m afraid, but if you have a steady hand and a sharp eye for an ever moving target I’ll consider making you my apprentice 8)
nerps
Baby

Post by nerps »

Thanks for the offer snake but I've just been retired after 44 years with people who play with popguns so I'll pass on that. Plus my hand is definitely not steady and my eyes are going, maybe that's why MOD and OxVox both want rid of me.
Think I'll just make myself a loose cannon on TIU !!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Congratulations on joining the select (but increasing) group of people who don’t have to bow and scrape to their employers anymore. Going to work and back just takes up so much of people’s productive time, doesn’t it?

As for me, I’ve also been using guns for 40|| years as my family background is rooted in hill farming and up until about 20 years ago it still seems amazing what firearms you could buy and use legally.

Anyway, there is still no reason to get your voice heard now and again as OxVox do (sometimes) appreciate a bit of constructive scrutiny. It’s all about balance, because they have to be “nice
bob s
Toddler

Re:

Post by bob s »

[quote=&quotSnake&quot]Congratulations on joining the select (but increasing) group of people who don’t have to bow and scrape to their employers anymore. Going to work and back just takes up so much of people’s productive time, doesn’t it?

As for me, I’ve also been using guns for 40|| years as my family background is rooted in hill farming and up until about 20 years ago it still seems amazing what firearms you could buy and use legally.

Anyway, there is still no reason to get your voice heard now and again as OxVox do (sometimes) appreciate a bit of constructive scrutiny. It’s all about balance, because they have to be “nice
To err is human - to forgive is divine