Young guns dinning club

Anything yellow and blue
Mark Sennett
Brat

Young guns dinning club

Post by Mark Sennett »

The younger members of the OxVox committee are considering setting up a regular 'Young Guns Dinning Club' on match days. Oxy seems a good venue and we can promise to be on opposing sides of the restaurant to the old farts dinning club and no over 40's allowed.

We were thinking the first luncheon could discuss ticket touting, censorship, a possible follow up to the points deduction petition, and future fundraising activities. Would anyone be interested in joining us before the Eastbourne game?
Please sponsor the OxVox Walk to Wycombe to raise funds for Helen &amp Douglas House and the Oxford United Youth &amp Community Trust. You can donate online at www.justgiving.com/oxvox
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

Not the best scouting ground for &quotYoung Guns&quot .......
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Re: Young guns dinning club

Post by Dartford Ox »

&quotMark Sennett&quot wrote:The younger members of the OxVox committee are considering setting up a regular 'Young Guns Dinning Club' on match days. Oxy seems a good venue and we can promise to be on opposing sides of the restaurant to the old farts dinning club and no over 40's allowed.

We were thinking the first luncheon could discuss ticket touting, censorship, a possible follow up to the points deduction petition, and future fundraising activities. Would anyone be interested in joining us before the Eastbourne game?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dinning
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Perhaps you could also discuss ageism?
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

I'll be there. I'll bring Arlene Phillips and Dame Joan Bakewell with me.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Is Tony Dinning going too ?
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Re:

Post by Brahma Bull »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Perhaps you could also discuss ageism?
I guess that could be the case but I note it may have been on the agenda of our rival OFDC companions, so we'd rather steer clear.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:
I guess that could be the case but I note it may have been on the agenda of our rival OFDC companions, so we'd rather steer clear.
Young guns? They do a children's menu...
bob s
Toddler

Post by bob s »

I'm not sure if they have any spare diapers.....
To err is human - to forgive is divine
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotbob s&quot wrote:I'm not sure if they have any spare diapers.....
High chairs are available. :lol:

Maybe we could ask the owner of Oxy to provide to printed sheets of nursery rhyme words for them. :D
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

How young does one have to be to qualify as a &quotyoung gun&quot? I'm still under 50 (just).
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotboris&quot wrote:How young does one have to be to qualify as a &quotyoung gun&quot? I'm still under 50 (just).
You don't qualify. They only want under 40s.

We spend our lives bringing them up and throw it all back in our faces... tsk! :lol:
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

i've no problem with ageism as long as i'm not discriminated against.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

&quotMark Sennett&quot wrote:The younger members of the OxVox committee are considering setting up a regular 'Young Guns Dinning Club' on match days. Oxy seems a good venue and we can promise to be on opposing sides of the restaurant to the old farts dinning club and no over 40's allowed.

Can I suggest that you take along some old newspaper cuttings of the glory years in the 80’s to your first lunch, as that’s as close as many of your under 40 group will get to appreciating what a great club Oxford United used to be.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

&quotDartford Ox&quot wrote:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dinning
And it just gets better. A url enclosed to an entire website where they can’t spell “dining