Twitter

Anything yellow and blue
boris
Grumpy old git

Twitter

Post by boris »

If any of you use this apparently useless means of communication, you will be please, or possibly alarmed, to discover that Rage Online has now discovered it (blame Snake) and you can follow us as we lead you over the edge, lemming like, into the abyss. boris_united is our handle. Some day, we may even have something useful or (less likely) interesting to say.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I’m no expert at Twitter as I’ve only been on there a few weeks, but I do know what to expect now - and what to not do on there to make it a worthwhile daily click via my favourites.

I think the key is to limit the people you follow into just one screen’s worth of stuff per day, which means getting rid of people who just tweet and tweet and tweet all day as well as the people who say nothing. And then there are spammers of course.

It’s certainly different to Facebook and the 140 character limit means you have to be concise rather than rambling on for ages on forums.

The club have just started to run a Tweet (currently only 26 followers) so if people are interested then the input from Chris Williams is a good place to start.

But each to his or her own, and I’m sure there will be something else even more fashionable just around the next electronic corner.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Oh dear, IÔÇÖve gone and upset someone on Twitter already. ItÔÇÖs a good job that Joe Goldberg knows nothing much about Oxford United, though he claims he can defeat David Cameron in the race to be WitneyÔÇÖs next MP.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I've changed my username to rage_online. Gives it more of a corporate feel, I think.
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re:

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Gives it more of a corporate feel, I think.
Boris in 'Corporate Love-In Shock!!!' :o
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

It seemed to work tonight – did anyone get a faster update on the OUFC game who was not at Witney United?

Meanwhile, a technophobe from Witney (who knows even less about his local football team than I do) gives his considered view of Twitter.
yellowportly
Brat

Post by yellowportly »

I have started following Herr Boris on Twitter.

Shameless plug: Check out page 82-84 of current issue of .net magazine for help on integrating Tweets into your WordPress blog

Note to Dear Leader: we will have this facility soon it is only complete and utter idleness that is stopping me from enacting the Great Plan.
--== Keep On Keepin' On ==--
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Not sure that people need do anything technically complicated to make things work on this latest electronic fad – just sign up and make sure you include the characters “#oufc