The Bum's Rushden Boot

Predictions as they were meant to be. Or not. Whatever.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I thought the idea of a Joker was an &quoteducated&quot guess at something over which you had no control, not being able to remember or research a point of fact. How can we be sure these PM's are being accurately recorded and processed? Why the secrecy? These rules have not been properly thought through and I think this Boot is an adminstrative disaster of BSP proportions and so I will be boycotting it!

Mally, as Bootmaster you are duty bound to do something about this shocking state of affairs. Where are OxVox when you need them?

I suspect this is a disgraceful attempt by Boris to encourage sales of The Book so that people are better prepared for his next Joker. Joker!
Zeke
Dashing young thing

Post by Zeke »

Agree, this joker is a joke. I can't be bothered to look it up.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re: The Bum's Rushden Boot

Post by Mally »

PM to follow

2-0
Constable
Willmott
Batt

Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

1. 2-2
2. murray
3. batt
4. foster

tb1: 2,500
tb2: 850

pm to be sent shortly!
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

1&gt Final score : 1-2
2&gt First OUFC goalscorer: Constable
3&gt First OUFC yellow card: Wilmott
4&gt First player from either side to be sent off : Wilmott

TB1&gt Attendance: 1,950
TB2&gt Away attendance: 500
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotboris&quot wrote:I like this Joker idea, seeing as it gave me this week's Boot, so I'm gonna copy it.

Sooo&gt

JOKER: What was the last competitive match to be played at the Manor (date and opponents)? (If more than one correct answer, then the remainder of the Boot comes into action, but only between those answering correctly)

1&gt Final score (Oxford's score first)
2&gt First OUFC goalscorer (you are allowed to say &quotno one&quot for this, if you're a pessimist)
3&gt First OUFC yellow card (you are allowed to say &quotno one&quot for this, if you're a fool)
4&gt First player from either side to be sent off (and you have to name a player - saying &quotno one&quot will immediately render your Boot entry null and void)

TB1&gt Attendance (||/- 100)
TB2&gt Away attendance (||/- 5)
PM sent for joker.

1. 2-1
2. Constable
3. Foster
4. Nelthorpe
TB1: 1,874
TB2: 521
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Sorry to everyone who was so deeply offended by my Boot. I won't do it again honest, but in the meantime, don't be so sensitive.

Unfortunately for the rest of you, GY won it on the Joker, being the only person to get the correct answer: The last competitive fixture at The Manor was The John Byles Memorial Trophy Final played on 16 May 2001, in which Garden City beat Oxford City 2 - 1. If anyone would like a scan of the programme cover as proof, just ask.

If it helps assuage everyone's ire, GY would also have won it on the cascade, as no one got the score right, but GY got both Constable as the first goalscorer and Foster as the first yellow card.