Another New Player?

Anything yellow and blue
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Another New Player?

Post by Roo »

RadOx are saying that we are going to sign Simon Clist today,there is also a local article here http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/ ... ticle.html
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

That article actually implies that we're not going to sign Simon Clist today, but possibly at the end of the season. Good signing if we do get him though.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

There is a press conference at 3.30 to announce a new player..........

Better grab your camera Boris! :lol:
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

And NOT a loan.

We may even have paid a FEE.

Things are looking up.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

.....and he lives in Oxfordshire so that has to be a bonus.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

my lord. we spent money?
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

I can't get on the club site, but it apparently suggests that we are in talks with Shrewsbury with regard to Constable.

Where is the cash coming from?
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Based on the generally positive comments made by the FGR fans on the link above, this looks to be a good signing.

Also good to hear that we are seeking to extend Constable's tenure.

I've now started to look forward to matchdays again - it's been a long time since that happened.

What now will befall us to mess this up?????????
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote:Based on the generally positive comments made by the FGR fans on the link above, this looks to be a good signing.
Perhaps some will give him a bit longer than Batt and Farrell before deciding that they would rather have other players in the team.

Sappleton v Farrell
Batt v Clarke
Clist v ?????
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

I confess to be excited about this signing. Clist is a player I have admired every time we have played FGR - and I don't usually take that much notice of the opposition!

The length of contract and the (small, presumably) fee suggest that the finances of the club are not too perilous, or that CW has saved so much with the return of Guy there is still change

I know how highly FGR fans rate Clist, and feel for them a bit. It really is a case for them that they have to sell any player who attracts serious attention (eg Fleetwood, now Clist, and a fullback as well to Exeter?). I have to say that their chances of avoiding relegation have diminished considerably.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

during the FGR game, i was impressed by clist enough to ask a bristol city supporting friend about him. he said that he was more than capable of 'pulling the strings' in midfield when on form, and had played alongside burnell.

the official site does indeed say we are in talks with shrewsbury - 'to extend the deal'. so could be an ongoing loan then?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotPaul Cooper&quot wrote:I can't get on the club site, but it apparently suggests that we are in talks with Shrewsbury with regard to Constable.

Where is the cash coming from?
From the FGR press release - “A spokesman at the club expressed the view that the offer tabled by United was too good to turn down, bearing in mind that the player would be out of contract at the end of the current season.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

I thought kelvin Thomas kicked the issue of a Fans Forum into the long grass when he spoke live on the radio last week.

WPL don't want to front up at a fans event it appears preferring individual 1:1 's with interested supporters and sponsors in a hospitality box!

Remember KT secretly attended the last Fans Forum (in disguise I may add) under Kassam's chairmanship and was shocked and disturbed at the hostility
and rancour in that room that night three years ago.
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Paul Cooper »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:I thought kelvin Thomas kicked the issue of a Fans Forum into the long grass when he spoke live on the radio last week.

WPL don't want to front up at a fans event it appears preferring individual 1:1 's with interested supporters and sponsors in a hospitality box!

Remember KT secretly attended the last Fans Forum (in disguise I may add) under Kassam's chairmanship and was shocked and disturbed at the hostility
and rancour in that room that night three years ago.
I heard the interview and KT apologised for the fans forum not happening in January (he blamed it on the time spent on the points deduction issue). He suggested that there would be an announcement in the next couple of weeks of a fans forum happening shortly.

If I were cynical, I would think that there is never a better time for a fans forum what with the current form and the signing of Clist!