New Manager

Anything yellow and blue
STEVE F
Brat

New Manager

Post by STEVE F »

I am sure Jim Smith will only be a short term appointment i think in that time he can start a clear out of players who are not good enough .
Players to go/ TURLEY QUINN MURREY YEMI TRAINER HUTCHINSON MOTTY BURNELL DAY AND GUY IF WE ARE ABLE TO AND EVANS IF HE IS NOT BEING PLAYED .

Options as new manager / JOHN WARD /STEVE COTTERAL/ IAN HOLLOWAY/ADY BOTHROID/ RICHARD MONEY/
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

This post just goes to show how thick are supporters are. I love this club (you'd have to, to stick with it in the postiton it is in) but some of our fans really are as thick as pig shit. Whatever that phrase actually means!

John Ward is a semi-realistic option.

Steve Cotteral / Ian Holloway and Ady &quotBothroid&quot (sic) are all out of our price range. You may as well as ask for Jose, Sir Alex or Raffa.

Richard Money is Director of the Academy at Newcastle. Why would you leave that job? Chusy is not the word...!

Seriously, sometime our fans wind me up big styleeee. I love this club, but in a funny way I hate it too... stockholm syndrome anyone...!

The King is dead! Long live the (caretaker) King!
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:This post just goes to show how thick are supporters are. I love this club (you'd have to, to stick with it in the postiton it is in) but some of our fans really are as thick as pig shit. Whatever that phrase actually means!
was the name calling necessary?

you could have just said that some of those names are unrealistic options (i agree).
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

I agree with Recordmeister's sentiments although calling all our supporters thick is perhaps a bit over the top!

If/when a new Manager is appointed, I think it might be a bit of a surprise as to who it is and not in the good sense. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong of course.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:This post just goes to show how thick are supporters are.
Heh, bad luck. This always happens.
entirely disenchanted
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:
&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:This post just goes to show how thick are supporters are. I love this club (you'd have to, to stick with it in the postiton it is in) but some of our fans really are as thick as pig shit. Whatever that phrase actually means!
was the name calling necessary?

you could have just said that some of those names are unrealistic options (i agree).
Well, probably not. But when is it ever necessary?

I just get so very angry at some of our fans sometimes. I guess the increasing sparsity of crowds at our matches means you see / hear the idiots even more than usual.

Every teams has them.

If I hadn't been too busy watching MOTD2 at a friends house, the moment I heard of Patto's sacking I was going to post a &quotjoke&quot post on here &quotDEMANDING THAT WE EMPLOY JOSE / SIR ALEX / SVEN / KEEGAN&quot et al but, ha! It was not necessary to make the joke, as one of our fans has highlighted my possible pastiche with almost the perfect posting to underline my thoughts about some who support OUFC.

(Gosh, it is cold up here on my pedestal! Still, the chip on my shoulder is keeping me warm...)
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

It might be more fun to think up the worst appointment that they might plausibly make, and see if it actually happens...
entirely disenchanted
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: New Manager

Post by YF Dan »

&quotSTEVE F&quot wrote:I am sure Jim Smith will only be a short term appointment i think in that time he can start a clear out of players who are not good enough .
Players to go/ TURLEY QUINN MURREY YEMI TRAINER HUTCHINSON MOTTY BURNELL DAY AND GUY IF WE ARE ABLE TO AND EVANS IF HE IS NOT BEING PLAYED .

Options as new manager / JOHN WARD /STEVE COTTERAL/ IAN HOLLOWAY/ADY BOTHROID/ RICHARD MONEY/
It's &quotfans&quot like Fozzie who are as responsible for the shithouse state our club is in as anyone else. They create an environment in which it is impossible to manage. This is why we have been through a manager a season for the past 10 seasons.

Look at what you have just posted Steve. What a pile of shite.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:It might be more fun to think up the worst appointment that they might plausibly make, and see if it actually happens...
Steve Evans
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:It's &quotfans&quot like Fozzie who are as responsible for the shithouse state our club is in as anyone else. They create an environment in which it is impossible to manage. This is why we have been through a manager a season for the past 10 seasons
Even assuming that Steve F is for real - is this really so? I wouldn't have thought OUFC fans were the most critical around by any manner of means.
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:It might be more fun to think up the worst appointment that they might plausibly make, and see if it actually happens...
Steve Evans
Yep, that's got to be a good start
entirely disenchanted
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:
&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:This post just goes to show how thick are supporters are.
Heh, bad luck. This always happens.
D'oh! Guilty as charged!
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Anyone for Graham Westley?
entirely disenchanted
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:It's &quotfans&quot like Fozzie who are as responsible for the shithouse state our club is in as anyone else. They create an environment in which it is impossible to manage. This is why we have been through a manager a season for the past 10 seasons.

Spot on.

Whatever guff is being spouted over on TiU about the new manager being given time, if the moon on a stick isn't delivered within 6 months, they will be calling for his head.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:Even assuming that Steve F is for real - is this really so? I wouldn't have thought OUFC fans were the most critical around by any manner of means.
Disagree. Far too many of our fans are reactionary, impatient, and so lacking in self-awarenees that they fail to appreciate how their negativity has contributed to dragging the club down.
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Post by The OXman Cometh »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:It's &quotfans&quot like Fozzie who are as responsible for the shithouse state our club is in as anyone else. They create an environment in which it is impossible to manage. This is why we have been through a manager a season for the past 10 seasons.

Spot on.

Whatever guff is being spouted over on TiU about the new manager being given time, if the moon on a stick isn't delivered within 6 months, they will be calling for his head.
Couldn't agree more.