James Clarke

Anything yellow and blue
newhinkseyyellow
Toddler

James Clarke

Post by newhinkseyyellow »

Terrible tackle near the end today. Not sure what Clarkey's injury is but could be out for a while. Strange that their player only got a yellow card in contrast to the red card Clarke got at Barrow.

Matt Day can stand in but our defensive cover is looking a bit thin. Is there anyone else that can play at right back?
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Burnell has played there apparently.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re: James Clarke

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotnewhinkseyyellow&quot wrote: Matt Day can stand in but our defensive cover is looking a bit thin.
Thin! Shurely shome mistake.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

i didn't see the tackle so won't comment, and to be honest, couldn't care less whether the h&ampy player got a yellow or red for it. what a sickening end to the game.

hope to see clarkey back soon. the young oxford players coming through at the moment, and clarke in particular, are reasons to be optimistic.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Indeed. Towards the end of the game yesterday the line-up included ROS Sammy D, Matt Taylor, James Clarke, James Dobson, and Richard Groves on the bench. Added to them are Alex Fisher and Declan Benjamin, who have both played for the first team, and the highly rated Ian Sampson, on loan to Didcot. All of whom give reasons to be optimistic about the future of the team (on the pitch) and a real reason why support to youth development is vital.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Definitely a sour note on which to end the game and I agree the card is neither here nor there as we will get no benefit if their player receives a ban for a red card offence.

What I was shocked about was the way that the physio totally failed to react to the situation, the confusion that followed and the fact that there was no ambulance at the ground.

The physio took an age to get on the pitch and then went running off down the tunnel to get a leg splnt. Surely somebody else could have done that? Then it was left to Turley to retrieve a splint from behind the dug out that had been there all along before the physio returned. Nobody seemed to know what to do about a stretcher. As I left the ground and was walking back down Grenoble Road past the Priory an amblance turned up and was being directed by stewards on the road to the emergency entrance by the hotel. What a complete shambles.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

&quotfor the last 2 seasons at least the stewards have had to provide the man power for any stretcher incidents
this may be another case of kassam penny pinching BUT&quot

According to someone on TiU even this is Kassam's fault. UNBELIEVABLE.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I must say I haven't been too impressed with Janek on match days so far (can't comment on his ability in the treatment room of course). In his first game 'in charge' at a home game (can't remember which it was) he was very slow to react and I have noticed several times since that he doesn't seem alert to a situation when he might be needed on the pitch. Presumably he doesn't have much experience of the immediate response needed in these circs?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

It wasn't Yanek who went to get the leg splint, it was Lindsey, while Yanek treated Clarke.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Sideshow Rob »

&quotMally&quot wrote:Definitely a sour note on which to end the game and I agree the card is neither here nor there as we will get no benefit if their player receives a ban for a red card offence.

What I was shocked about was the way that the physio totally failed to react to the situation, the confusion that followed and the fact that there was no ambulance at the ground.

The physio took an age to get on the pitch and then went running off down the tunnel to get a leg splnt. Surely somebody else could have done that? Then it was left to Turley to retrieve a splint from behind the dug out that had been there all along before the physio returned. Nobody seemed to know what to do about a stretcher. As I left the ground and was walking back down Grenoble Road past the Priory an amblance turned up and was being directed by stewards on the road to the emergency entrance by the hotel. What a complete shambles.
I doubt whether an ambulance being stationed at the stadium would make any difference for a sporting injury baring in mind the facilities available in the South Stand. Oxfordshire's ambulances are often in short supply on Saturdays as I found when I lay in agony with a potentially fatal condition and no ambulance came to take me to hospital. I took a taxi having waited for 2 hours at the health centre and fortunately the hospital doctor's diagnosis was far less serious but the over-stretched ambulance service didn't know that. If you are going to keel over with a potentially serious condition make sure you don't do so close to the boundary between two ambulances services because they don't like taking you to a hospital in another territory.
OUFC_Gav
Toddler

Re:

Post by OUFC_Gav »

&quotMally&quot wrote:Definitely a sour note on which to end the game and I agree the card is neither here nor there as we will get no benefit if their player receives a ban for a red card offence.

It was the masseur/kitman who went down the tunnel for the splint. As far as I remember Yanek did not leave Clarke. Not to say it wasn't shambolic though. Made the St Johns people at the Manor look professional (and that is saying something).
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Can anyone shed any light as to te actual injury clark has? How long will he be out?

I've not been inpressed with Clark this season. But he is the best we have in that position and to lose him for any length will be a blow.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:I've not been inpressed with Clark this season. But he is the best we have in that position and to lose him for any length will be a blow.
care to expand mr. meister?

considering it's only coming up to a year ago that clarke made his debut, i think he's starting to show impressive maturity. his impetuosity has been reigned in a little, his positioning is much better, but he's still eager to make the odd run on the ball at defences towards the end of games. his distribution is not his strong point, but his tackling is strong, and while i dislike it in some ways, he's mastered the 'nastier' side of the game as well. he's not a player who'll get pushed out of games.

at fault for a couple of goals recently perhaps, and certainly i hope to see him continue to improve, but all in all not bad for under a year in the first team, in my opinion.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Not broken, just badly bruised, apparently ...
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Hooray - not such bad news.