Oxford City v Chesham United

Anything yellow and blue
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Oxford City v Chesham United

Post by Jimski »

Anybody else gonna wander along to this FA Cup 3rd qualifying round tie on Saturday? I think I may take this opportunity to spy on two of the potential 4th qualifying round opponents!
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Had I not been going away this weekend I would deifinitely have been there followed by watching England in the Supporters Club.
Foghorn
Toddler

Re:

Post by Foghorn »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Had I not been going away this weekend I would deifinitely have been there followed by watching England in the Supporters Club.
What are England doing in the Supporters Club?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Thrashing Khazakstan hopefully.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

I like the match reports on the City website, they have amusing headlines.
entirely disenchanted
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I'll probably be there, cheering on the City (well, Jason does play for their under-11s).

It will be interesting if City win and draw OUFC at Court Place Farm. I guess they'll try and switch the tie to Minchery Farm (all them farmyards look pretty much alike), and I can't see the FA objecting as it would be as much a safety and public order measure as a financial one. Then I wonder what would happen if City, whoever they get in the 4th qualifying round, get through to the first round proper and draw someone like Leeds or Leicester at CPF. Would they switch the game to their opponent's ground, or to Minchery? But what if United were at home on the same day?

Whatever come on you Hoops!
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re:

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Then I wonder what would happen if City, whoever they get in the 4th qualifying round, get through to the first round proper and draw someone like Leeds or Leicester at CPF. Would they switch the game to their opponent's ground, or to Minchery? But what if United were at home on the same day?
I think the decision would be down to television. Oxford City v Leed United would be a prime Sky pick, but they would only do it if it was at CPF.

I just hope that City don't get through and draw us. It was bad enough when we lost to Marlow when Justin was a player for them, how bad would it be to lose to a team he manages!!!
Foghorn
Toddler

Re:

Post by Foghorn »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Thrashing Khazakstan hopefully.
How can you thrash someone hopefully?
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

In the hope that it will teach them a lesson?
entirely disenchanted
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotSteMerritt&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:Then I wonder what would happen if City, whoever they get in the 4th qualifying round, get through to the first round proper and draw someone like Leeds or Leicester at CPF. Would they switch the game to their opponent's ground, or to Minchery? But what if United were at home on the same day?
I think the decision would be down to television. Oxford City v Leed United would be a prime Sky pick, but they would only do it if it was at CPF.

I just hope that City don't get through and draw us. It was bad enough when we lost to Marlow when Justin was a player for them, how bad would it be to lose to a team he manages!!!
No. I think the decision would be down to Firoz Kassam.

Which brings up an interesting question. If we did draw them away and then they switched it to our (rented) place, presumably Oxford City would still have to negotiate with Kassam for use of the stadium.

All hypothetical at the moment though.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:In the hope that it will teach them a lesson?
Teach them for being an upstart nation that think they can dare to play football against one of the World's footballing giants.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

If there is a replay - and if your curiosity stretches that far - can I recommend the Queens Head in Old Chesham, a 5 minute level walk from Chesham United's ground.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:If there is a replay - and if your curiosity stretches that far - can I recommend the Queens Head in Old Chesham, a 5 minute level walk from Chesham United's ground.
And still the only pub where Mrs Smiley has been asked to prove her age - on her 21st birthday!

Since she's from Chesham and I'm from Oxford, we could make this a family rivalry event. Except that she hates footy. Oh well!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotFoghorn&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Had I not been going away this weekend I would deifinitely have been there followed by watching England in the Supporters Club.
What are England doing in the Supporters Club?
Hiding?

Taking the City v United thing a bit further ... if City switched it to the Grenoble Road site, where would the replay be?
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re:

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Taking the City v United thing a bit further ... if City switched it to the Grenoble Road site, where would the replay be?
It would be at Grenoble Road of course, as we would then be the home team.